Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Ten-Four, Good Buddy!

I think I want to get me a CB and sling some fancy lingo!
Hiya, Friends!  Do you know what today is?  It's Ten-Four! 

Didja know that back when people used to talk on Citizens Band radios, a phrase you'd often hear was "Ten-Four, Good Buddy?"  It's true!  I found this out when I was reading my Little Kids Big Board Book of Communications Procedures for Communicating in a Big People World.

Yes, of course it's a real book!  Maybe you haven't run across it because you're a Big Person, and you don't need to have a guide to communicating with you, because you are you!  How about that?!

Anyway.  In my LKBBBoBPfCiaBPW, I ran across the section on Citizen Band radio, and I must say, I am enchanté.  I tried out talking like a Citizen Band radio enthusiast, and it just sounds so cool!

So that brings me to what I learned about what 10-4 means.  I apologize to you if you already well-versed in the parlance of Citizen Band speak, or if you talk on a two-way radio as part of your livelihood.  You might be bored as all get out with today's post.  I apologize for that.  But I'm just learning all this, and it's an exciting and novel novelty for me.  So.  10-4 means that you understand.  A Big 10-4 means you agree.

So on this 10-4, let's all be more agreeable today.  Let's virtually meet up for a rootbeer float.  How about that?

I give that a big ten-four, Good Neighbor!

I love ya!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment