Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Do I Make Myself Eclair?

Best Wednesday ever this week!
Hiya, Big People!  I'm having a great week, and I hope you are, too!  You know what makes this sucha great week?  Well, yesterday, I got to enjoy PEZ, and today, I'm havin' a cuppa hot cocoa and a GIANT ECLAIR!!!! 

Eclairs are just another word for fancy filled donut.  Eclairs are a little different from a regular filled donut, though, on accounta regular filled donuts are roundy-looking things, and eclairs are oblong.

I think you know what an eclair is, but didja know why they're called "eclairs?"  I wondered, so I looked it up, and here's what I found out!  "Eclair" is French for "flash of lightning." The people who invented eclairs were French, and they knew their eclairs were so good they'd be eaten really fast, as in like a flash of lightning. 

But I guess eclairs are not without controversy.  I also read that technically, our oblong filled donuts are "Long Johns," but sometimes we call 'em eclairs.  This gets French pastry people all up in arms, because they say eclairs are made of choux dough insteadda donut dough, but I say whatever.  You can be technically correct, but sometimes that's just insufferable.  I just like to speak the language of delicious. 

Besides, Long John or Eclair, if I find one on my plate, that pastry is gonna be gone before you can say "is that choux dough or donut dough?"  So by then, the point's pretty moot, anyways.

Friends, I love the heck right outta ya, and I'll be seein' ya tomorrow, mmmkay?  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment