Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Mondays Get Me Down Sometimes

I lost tracka time and forgot today was Monday at first.
Hiya, Friends.  Well, you know, sometimes even I have a tough time getting myself all whipped up for the week.  Sometimes, I have a real hard time with Mondays.  I know that might seem a little hypocritical of me to say, since I usually exhort you to buck up on Mondays, because they're just another day of the week, and one-seventh of our lives, and they're just like any other day!

The thing of it is, a lot of times, I'm also tryin' to cheer-lead myself up into tacklin' Monday head-on, Friends. 

You see, Mondays are the days when Daddy goes back to the office.  That makes 'em the worst, right outta the box.  I love my weekends with my Daddy.  I love it when my bedroom door opens in the morning, and it's my Daddy coming through it to help me get around in the morning.  That's just the best.  We go on adventures lotsa times on the weekends, when Daddy's not at work. 

It's so much fun that time really flies.  And then I forget what morning it is, and I get all excited when my bedroom door opens, and then...

Crap.  It's just Mommy.  Not Daddy.  So that means no adventures for me.  That means it's back to the same-old-same-old until the next Weekend.  And Mondays are just the start of the week.

Well, that's enough to bum out a little kid, dontchya think?  Wouldn't you be bummed out, Big People?

And I understand there's things about Mondays that are unique to Big People.  You have your own setta stuff that makes Mondays a little less than marvelous and magical.  I don't really understand what they are, but I acknowledge and appreciate that they exist, and they make ya miserable.  That's why I usually try so hard to be fun on Mondays.  We can all use a little pick-me-up once in a while.  And if I know I've made you feel better, part of me feels better that we're at Monday.

Today, though, I'm just kinda not feelin' it.  I'm not sure if it's the super-cold weather, or if I'm just in a natural lull in my normal energy cycle- we ALL have highs and lows, Friends- but I'm havin' a supreme issue with Today.  It'll pass.  And then I'll be back to myself. 

But I'll tell ya what, Big People.  Today, I rue the Monday.

I love ya lots, though, Pals.  I really do.  Maybe we'll get to string us together some bright, sunny days, here.  That oughtta make us feel better!  I'll see ya tomorrow.  I hope it's brighter!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment