Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day, Friends!

This Valentine's Day, I'm givin' a giant cruciferous vegetable a squeeze!
Friends, the big day is finally here!  It's Valentine's Day!

I was looking up the lore behind the holiday, and I'll tell ya what.  It's kind of a tragic tale.  Nothing "happy" about the origins of St. Valentine's Day, actually.  But I guess they don't just hand out the title "Saint" for any old thing.

For once, I prefer the white-washed, gussied-up version of the holiday we see today.  A whole entire day that celebrates love and friendship.  You can put all kinds of pressure on Valentine's Day if you want, Friends, but I'm choosing to have it be a day of fun, friends, and candy. 

Oh.  And my pal Brock Lee, pictured with me in the photo above.  Because cruciferous vegetables don't get enough love when you consider how healthy they keep us!  Broccoli like my pal Brock Lee really is a powerhouse for keepin' us healthy, too.  Nothing like a green vegetable for a healthy heart!  How about that, Big People?!

But like I said.  Today's about friends, fun, and candy for me, too.  My favorite Valentine's Day candy has to be the conversation heart.  I just love a candy that talks to ya!  But of course, there's chocolate, too.  I love chocolate.  Conversation hearts, though.  Well, you don't see those year-round, so they'd be my FAVORITE Valentine's candy.  I like the version with words for someone to read to me, and I also like the kind that have emoticons printed on them, instead.  That way, I don't need a reader!  I can tell what they're sayin', just by lookin' 'em in the emoticon!

That kinda sounds dirty, a little bit, now that I hear it out loud.  So I guess on that note, before I get myself into trouble, Big People Friends, I'll be seein' ya tomorrow, mmmkay?   On this Valentine's Day, especially, I love ya lots!  Muah!  

No comments:

Post a Comment