Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happy Boiling Day!

I'm tryin' to come up with my own holiday.  Happy Boiling Day!
Hiya, Friends!  As you probably know, today is February the Twelfth.  Thursday.  Whatchya probably haven't noticed is that as February Twelfth, it's Two-Twelve, which is coincidentally the temperature water boils at.

It's true!  Look it up! 

In celebration of this fact and this coincidence, I'd like to try my hand at inventing a holiday.  So I'm declaring today, February Twelfth, Two-Twelve, if you will, Boiling Day!  And you can celebrate it by eating things that have been boiled.

For instance, you can make yourself up some hard-boiled eggs.  Hard-boiled eggs are just eggs without the boiling, and they have the word 'boil' right in their name.  You can also make soft-boiled eggs today, but I don't have any personal experience with a soft-boiled egg, so I can't recommend them as whole-heartedly as I do the hard-boiled variety.

Let's see.  You can make yourself some Jell-O.  Boiling brings out the jiggly magic in Jell-O.  If ya try making it with just cold water because you're three and you don't know any better, what you'll end up is really sweet, brightly-colored, gritty and thick sludge.  You need the boiling water to make the jiggly goodness of Jell-O come out, Friends.  That's a useful cookin' tip from your pal Zoe.

Um... Spaghetti.  You've gotta boil spaghetti in order for it to be more palatable.  I like to eat uncooked strands of dry spaghetti and I love the crunch it imparts, but when I'm really hungry and I wanna be able to eat my spaghetti or other pasta more efficiently, and with some sauce, I ask to have it boiled for me.  So spaghetti's a good meal to have to celebrate Boiling Day!

Down South, I guess they do a thing called a Shrimp Boil.  I guess a Shrimp Boil is a thing to see and a delight to taste, and from the sounds of it, it'd be a BIG way to celebrate my Boiling Day holiday, if you've got the time and the stuff.  Here's a recipe for a Shrimp Boil, if you're leanin' towards this option, mmmkay?  And here's the steps to throwin' a Shrimp Boil on a blog that I found and I like the writer's voice; I find her funny and approachable, but she really knows her stuff.  If you're just curious as to what it is, a Shrimp Boil is a big party meal made up of shrimp and grits and corn on the cob and potatoes and sausage.  And ya have a buncha friends over and you eat.

I think that sounds like heaven in a stock-pot right there, Friends!  Don't you?  If everybody celebrated Boiling Day like THAT, why, the holiday would take off in no time!

Now I'm hungry, Friends.  I've gotta go find something to eat.  Maybe some Jell-O? I'll be seein' ya tomorrow, but in the meantime, Happy Boiling Day!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment