Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February Is Caribbean Month!

The Caribbean isn't a bean at all!  It's a place!
Well, Friends, I got a dang ol' email from the Triple-A the other day, declaring February "Caribbean Month."

At first, I thought Caribbeans were some kind of crazy bean, kind of like a cross between a lima bean and a coffee bean, and I wondered why they were giving such a weird hybrid combination of weirdness its own month.  Upon further research, though, I found out that by golly, the Caribbean is a really nicey warm place people can visit on a vacation!

It all makes sense now.  No wonder AAA is pushin' Caribbean vacations in February.  If ever there was a month where ya needed to get away to somewheres warm, it's February, amIright, Friends? 

It just isn't practical for all of us to pack up and go to the Caribbean.  I know I can't just pack up and go to the Caribbean.  I can't because Mommy and Daddy won't just up and take me, and I'm awesome, but I can't buy my own plane fare or drive myself to the airport.

Oh, it's sucha hassle, Friends, bein' three years old, actually, but havin' the sensibility of a Big Person.  It really is.  I mean, if it were the other way around, if I were a Big Person with the sensibilities of a Three Year Old, I'd at least get to buy my own plane ticket and take myself to the Caribbean.

Anyways, for those of us who can't just go to the Caribbean right now, I have some great ideas on how to bring a little bit of the Caribbean to yourself.  I'd start by picking up some of that kinetic sand, so you can build a sand-castle indoors.  The sand in the Caribbean is what really has my attention right now.  Well, because I miss playin' in my sand-table.  That's why.  Next, I'd light a tropical-scented candle if you aren't allergic.  Maybe use some of those fancy waxes that go right in the warmer.  Get some music that has steel drums.  Nothing says warm weather like steel drum music!  Turn on your sound machine and have it set to "ocean."  Finally, fix yourself some foods from the Caribbean islands.  You'll hafta look up your favorite island and figure out what foods to cook for yourself, but I'm lobbying heavily for pineapple and coconut tarts when I bring the Caribbean to me.  It's such a diverse cuisine!

It won't be as good as going to the Caribbean for real, Friends.  I'm not gonna lie to you and say it will.  That would make you question my credibility. But at least when you bring the Caribbean to YOU, you don't hafta experience the heartbreak that comes with spending time somewhere nicey warm and then flying back to Buffalo or Rochester in the middle of cold-gray drizzle!

Think about it.  You know I'm right, Friends.  And that's today's Silver Lining!

I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow, mmmkay?  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment