Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Friends the Little Giraffes

Wellington and I go way back!
Hiya, Friends!

You know, I've come a long way from bein' a TigerBaby who liked to chew on Little Giraffes, three years ago.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm still a TigerBaby at heart, and a TigerTot in size and spirit. 

But I don't chew on Little Giraffes anymore.  They don't like that.

I never thought a thing of it, back when I usedta roam the wild steppes of the Bing.  I never stopped to think about how those Little Giraffes would feel if I grabbed 'em up and gnawed on 'em.  I was just gettin' teeth, and those Little Giraffes felt good on my sore gums.

One day, a Little Giraffe named Sophie ended up gettin' in my way, so I scooped her up and started gnawing on her HEAD, and did she ever give me a piece of her mind!  I learned that day that although they be little, Little Giraffes have normal-sized feelings and deserve to be afforded a hippopotamus-sized measure of dignity and respect, but thingofitis, a lot of Tiger Babies think it's okay to catch and chew on Little Giraffes.

That's how my work with the Little Giraffes began, Friends.  There's our Origin Story.  I took Sophie la Giraffe out of my mouth, wiped her down with a Sensitive Flavor Wet Wipe (psssst- I still say if the wet wipe people don't wantchyoo suckin' on the Sensitive Flavor Wet Wipes, they shouldn't have given 'em sucha delicious flavor!), and listened to what she had to say.  I sought enlightenment on the plight of Little Giraffes everywhere.  It didn't take long for Sophie and me to collaborate on a coalition to raise awareness of the plight of Little Giraffes of the Wild Steppes of the Greater Bing Area, and soon enough, we were raising awareness of the plight of Little Giraffes everywhere.

Yes, everywhere.

It's a lotta work, but it's so rewarding.  Whenever I see one of the Little Giraffes I help smile, it's just all so worthwhile.

Makes me glad that this TigerBaby, at least, could find it in her heart and her poor, sore gums, to change her stripes.

LeopardBabies... well, we're still working on inroads with the LeopardBabies.  You'll just hafta file that one under "stay tuned."

Just goes to show ya, Friends, everybody can learn and change for the better. I love ya lots, Big People, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment