Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Without Fail, My Pal Abigail!

I can talk to Abigail about anything!
Hiya, Friends! 

You know, I have a new friend named Abigail.  She's a pink bunny, and she came to life with me at Eastertime, and I'm so glad she did!

You see, my family's been going through a rough spell this year.  Nothing crisis-y.  Nothing like that.  Don't worry about me, Friends.  What I mean is that I've lost three of my great-grandparents since the Beginning of the Year.  It makes things rough for a Little Kid.  It really does.

Abigail came into my life after my Great-Grandma Blake went Home.  Lotsa people I've never met were in town... relatives, I'm told.  It all was a little overwhelming for this Little Kid.  Parts of it were lotsa fun, like seeing some cousins I don't get to see, but other parts of it were kind of horrific- all these people I don't know, havin' to be on my Best Behavior, even though I'm tired-n-hungry-n-overwhelmed, so much loudness from all the visiting, bein' off'n my usual routine...

Not to mention that when things like that happen, there's lotsa stress that floats around among Big People.  Ya start givin' off stressy vibes, and I guess I pick up on those, Friends.  I really do.

I did my best, but I know I didn't put my best foot forward.  I really didn't.  I didn't mean to, but it just happened.  I had kind of a showdown with Mommy, and we both had a meltdown with each other.  Mommy was embarrassed, and I was, too, except in the heat of the moment, I didn't realize 'embarrassed' was how I was feeling.

Anyway.  Abigail.  It was right around Eastertime, and one of my Great-Aunts had to stick around town for a few extra days.  One night, Daddy came home from work, and he had a brand-new boxa crayons, a blank drawing tablet with a note from my Great-Aunt, written just for me, and... A wonderful little pink bunny with floppy ears.  I named her Abigail, and she's been my best friend, ever since.

You see, I still love my other best friends, Sabretooth, of course, and Buddy, Puppy, and Walter Sweet.  I still love 'em lots.  But Abigail and I can talk about stuff I don't like to talk about with my other friends.  She's just easy to talk to.  She's a really good listener, and she's really gentle.

I haven't known Abigail a long time, but I know she and I were just meant to be friends.  Everybody needs a special pal like Abigail, especially when they're going through a Rough Patch like I have been.

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment