Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

When Bein' Happy Drives People Away

Anybody who can't deal with bein' friends with you when you're happy, isn't really your friend.
Hiya, Friends.  Happy Sunday to you. 

Well, not exactly 'happy,' Friends, I guess. 

You see, my friend Pidgie McDougall said she doesn't wanna be friends with me, anymore, and it's because I'm too happy all the time.  How can somebody be too happy, for Pete's Aches?

This is how.  Pidgie and I used to work together at the Company.  We didn't start out bein' friends, but then we got to be friends, and I thought it was really nice!  We weren't best friends or anything, but friends enough.

Then you'll remember that I had a falling-out... some creative differences with the Powers That Be over at the Company, and I hijacked the public address system in the Building and played Johnny Paycheck's hit song "Take This Job and Shove It" while I made my triumphal exit from the Building for the last time.  And after that, I went to work at Donut Dude's Corporate Headquarters as the Director of Donut Development. 

I've been really happy, ever since.

Thing of it is, Pidgie stayed over at The Company, and she isn't very happy.  She said she thinks that when I talk about my new job, I'm rubbin' her nose in her miserable situation.  That isn't how I intended it, but she says that's how I've been coming off, and she doesn't wanna be friends with somebody who has to rub her nose in their happiness.  So we aren't friends anymore.

It made me sad at first, for a while.  I'd rather be friends with people, insteadda bein' non-friends.  And if somebody doesn't wanna be friends with me on accounta something I did, or didn't do, or because of the way I said something, or because I took the last disha marshmella salad at the Little Kid Grocery... I wanna make things right.

But then I got to thinking about what's going on, and I decided that if somebody doesn't wanna be friends with me because I'm so happy, maybe it's more about them than it is about me, or anything I did.  It's hard for me, but I'm gonna hafta let this one go.  Move on, and all that.

Anyway, Friends, I'm sure glad I still have you.  I hope my Happy doesn't get on your nerves, too, but if it does, I sincerely apologize.  But if you're okay with all my Happy, we'll rock on.  Either way, I'll be seein' ya tomorrow, Big People!  Love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment