Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Kick up your heels- or just one heel if that's easier!  It's Cinco de Mayo!
Hiya, Friends!  Hey, didja know today is Cinco de Mayo? 

Back when I was a little kid, I thought it was "Sinko the Mayo," a holiday on which ya put your mayonnaise (in the jar!) in the sink.  I never understood what the point of that was and I was happy to find out that Cinco de Mayo is a holiday that commemorates the Battle of Puebla, in which the Mexican army beat insurmountable odds as well as the French army in 1862 and sent the French packing right the heck out of Puebla. 

I don't know about you, but I like a good underdog story, and I'll take any holiday that could get me some Mexican food.  I love Mexican food!  So I love Cinco de Mayo.  That's how I'm gonna celebrate those underdogs winning their battle over a hundred and fifty years ago, Friends.  I'm gonna get a burrito!  You can get whatever you like.  Just have a great day, mmmmkay? 

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment