Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Zoe's Top Seven Days of the Week.

Happy Thrilling Thursday, Friends!  Put on some crazy socks and celebrate!
Friends!  Can you believe it?  It's THURSDAY!  I, for one, am THRILLED!  Thursdays are the threshold for Fridays, which are the gateway to the weekends!

I believe I've mentioned before that I try to appreciate each day of the week for what it is, even Mondays, but I'm just a human bean, just like you, Big People!  I have my favorites.  We all do! 

My favorites tend to fall at the last part of the week, every week.  Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and to a lesser degree, Sunday, tend to be when I get to do special stuff and go on adventures. 

I realize that four-sevenths of the week are among my favorites, but that isn't so unusual, considering that I have a list of my Top Seven Days of the Week.  In fact, why don't I share that list with you, in countdown fashion:

#7.  Coming in Seventh Place is Monday, of course.  Sometimes, Monday is known to me as "Magic Monday," sometimes it's "Manic Monday," and other times still, I call it "Meh Monday."  The thing about Monday is that even if it's a holiday like Memorial Day or Labor Day or Columbus Day Observed, Monday always signals the end of the party and the beginning of business.  It's really too unpredictable to earn any higher a place on my Top Seven list than Seventh Place, but at least it made the list at all.  I coulda just decided to ignore it and not make eye contact with it, hoping it'd go away.

#6.  Not surprisingly, Tuesday wins sixth place honors in my Top Seven list, narrowly beating Monday by a mile, and being narrowly edged out by Wednesday.  Tuesday is complicated for me.  It's kinda the beginning of the week, kinda the middle part, but not really the middle part.  Depending on how bad a Monday was, you can wake up on Tuesday thinking it's Wednesday, and realize that it's only Tuesday, and at that point, you're really gonna hafta wanna cry a little bit.  Tuesday is kinda hard to define.  Tuesdays can be really busy days, with lotsa stuff being scheduled on 'em, and that can be good or bad.  Tuesdays are known as "Taco Tuesday," "Takeout Tuesday," or "Tuesday, Why Aren't You Friday?"

#5.  Wednesday narrowly edged out Tuesday, but only because Wednesdays are known as "Hump Day," and Joe Camel visits our office.  I usedta not like Joe Camel and I'd hide in the ladies' room when he'd come through the office, announcing it was Hump Day, but in the time elapsed since our first meeting until now, I've gotta say, I'm not just a friend of Joe Camel, I'm a fan, and I like to honor Wednesday with #5 honors in his honor.

#4.  Sunday.  What?  Yes, Sunday falls at Number 4.  This was a difficult call for me to make.  I sort of wanted to put Sunday at #6, because Sundays are usually the harbinger of doom for the weekend, but on the other hand, there's a lot of room on Sundays for me to adventure with Mommy and Daddy.  Daddy doesn't hafta work on Sundays, so that's a bonus.  Daddy DOES hafta work on Mondays, so that took points off'n Sunday's score.  I mean, when Monday is a day off for everybody, Sunday can take on an almost Saturdayish vibe, without the hustly bustle, but still, those are not ordinary weeks.  So my #4 rating stands. 

#3.  Thrilling Thursday is my Number 3 choice, for all the reasons I mentioned above.  There's really nothing more for me to say about it!

#2.  Saturday.  Are ya surprised?  Well, there's not much space between #2 and #1 for me, really.  It's practically a tie, but Saturday's in the second place spot just because Saturday's kind of it.  Everybody knows that Saturday's gonna be awesome, and it IS.  I LOVE Saturday, but it's already the toppa the mountain. 

So that brings me to my Top Choice for my Top Seven Days of the Week:

#1.  Friday (Sorry for stealin' your thunder, Thrilling Thursday!  Happens to the best of us sometimes!)  Friday wins because on Friday, it's usually really fun at school or work.  The whole weekend stretches in front of you.  It's like a little slicea Christmas Eve every week.  It's like bein' inside the big ball on New Year's Eve, before it drops.  That's Friday.  That's why it's my favorite day of the week.

What are YOUR top seven days of the week, Friends?

I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment