Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

I Don't Even Miss It!

Sometimes, new challenges are all ya need to make ya feel alive!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Thursday to you!

Hey.  I've gotta tell ya, I'm really enjoying my new job, workin' with Donut Dude.  I don't get an upset stomachal area before I come to work here, like I used to, back at the Company.  I get to be creative, relaxed, creative, and in charge of a whole department at my new job, which all those things are the opposite of my old job back at the Company.

I really thought I'd be a little emotional over my new job, because at the end of the day, I was really used to some things about my old job.  I had my spot in the conference room.  I had my groupa friends I'd meet at the water cooler.  I had my bathroom stall I'd go to cry in when the Executives would shoot down any really good ideas I'd have for improving efficiency or morale or other things I'd see around that I thought could use a little improvin'.

But the crazy thing is that I'm so happy, working with Donut Dude that I don't need to go to any bathroom stall to cry.  My ideas are listened to, and when I come up with one that woulda gotten shot down back at the Company, we talk about the idea here, and find a way to take it apart and separate into things that'd work, and crazy stuff we'll laugh about later.  When we come up with a donut that just doesn't work (Sardine Sensation, for instance!  Yikes!) nobody yells at me for inventing an awful flavor.  In fact, they say 'There's another one we know doesn't work!' and then we write it on the Board, so we know we don't hafta invent that flavor again.

Sometimes, though, somebody figures out how to make what regular people would think of as a flop into something pretty great.  That's why we write on the Board in dry-erase marker, because just because something's a mistake now, doesn't mean it'll end up bein' a mistake for always.

Cats LOVE Sardine Sensation donuts, you know.  My friend Sabretooth is a tiger, and he says next to red jelly donuts, Sardine Sensation are his favorite.  So it's possible that Sabretooth might just spin off his own department for animalcentric donut flavors and varieties, maybe opening a Donut Dudes for the animal set, even!

You just never know, Friends.

There's something to be said about workin' in an environment where you don't hafta live in fear of bein' called in to HR every time you turn around.  There's something wonderful about bein' able to bloom.

So I don't even miss my old Company at all!  Sometimes, Change is really, really good!

One thing that'll never change, though, Big People is that I just love ya right to pieces!  I really do!  And I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment