Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

It's 4/11: For Your Information Day!

I'm better'n 4-1-1!  I have ALL the answers, Big People!
Hiya, Friends! 

Happy Saturday and all that, but I've got an even bigger deal for ya: Since it's 4/11, I decided that today's For Your Information Day!  How about that?!

Well, because when you want information, you dial 4-1-1 on the telephone, and you get an operator who'll give you any kind of information that you could possibly think you need, so long as it's a telephone number.  Maybe an address.

Huh.

That's it?  That's the only kind of information you get if you dial 4-1-1?  Just the telephone number?  Maybe an address?  Really?!

I guess that if you need the telephone number and address of a person or a business, and you're not within reach of a Magic Thinkin' Machine, dialin' 4-1-1 would be insanely useful and timely.  I suppose that's good.  I mean, if you're in a hurry to get an address and a telephone number, you wouldn't wanna hafta get all bogged down and confused, listenin' to the history of the telephone number, the history of the address, the Wikipedia entry on the person or place you're calling, and a list of all their favorite nearby local businesses and national chains. 

A case of less is more, if you will, Friends.

But today, since it's 4-1-1: For Your Information Day, I'm givin' out free information.  I have ALL the answers!  Of course I do!  I'm three!

I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!  I've gotta go stand by, in case somebody wants some information!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment