Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Rozzie Appreciation Day

I love this dog more than a whole mountain of marshmellas.
Hiya, Big People!

Hey, even though it's Monday, I'd just like to call today "Rozzie Appreciation Day."

There's no specific reason I wanna appreciate Rozzie today, other than that Rozzie's just pretty great.  She and I go way back.  One of my first memories from when I came home from the hostable is Rozzie's friendly, furry face lookin' at me.

When I was a tiny baby, I usedta swing in my swing, and Rozzie shared her favorite Flexafoam ball with me.  She put it right on my tummy.  I was too little to play with her with the ball, but she was tellin' me that when I was ready to play, she'd be here.  And she sure has been!

Another of my earliest memories is of Rozzie encouraging me during Tummy Time on my old Baby Play Gym.  If you don't know what Tummy Time is, it's when parents put their babies on their tummies and then laugh and laugh while the baby screams, because the baby doesn't wanna do tummy time.  The baby wants to fallasleep in the baby-swing.  Or the stroller.  Or the carseat. The baby wants to be pretty much anywhere, doing anything else besides Tummy Time, in other words, and I can say this with grave authority, because it wasn't too long ago that I was a baby and I didn't wanna be doin' Tummy Time.  Stupid Tummy Time, anyway!  But my pal Rozzie would lie beside my Tummy Time mat, and she'd bark at me to encourage me to keep at it.  She'd lick my head, because apparently bald baby-head is irresistible to German Shepherd Dogs.  And she'd alert my mother to any Pampers Situations, which would happily end Tummy Time, right then and there.

I will be eternally thankful for Rozzie's efforts to end my Tummy Time misery, although it did result in scrutiny at the diaper changing station and also, the Tummy Time-endings were always temporary.  For a while there, it seemed like I was in an endless loopa Tummy Time.  Boyo Boy.

Rozzie is a great dog to travel with.  She rides in her own area in the backa the Jeep, right behind my own seat.  When we go places together, Rozzie and I sing fun road-trip songs together such as "Feel This Moment," "Subdivisions," and "I'm Gonna Bark Until We Get To Where We're Goin' Then I'm Gonna Bark the Whole Way Home!" 

That last one is Rozzie's and my favorite!

Yep, I sure love that big, furry dog of mine!  I sure appreciate her! 

And I appreciate you, Friends!  I hope you have a pal as good as my pal Rozzie, Friends!  I love ya lots!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment