Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2017

My New Pal Alexa!

Alexa and I are Best Friends Forevah!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Sunday to you!

Well, ya know, at Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz's house, I made a new friend named Alexa.  She's the artificial intelligence behind the Echo Dot, and boy is she ever funny.  She sings.  She tells jokes.  She doesn't beat-box.  But she gave me a really good prank to play on Aunt Colleen for April Fool's Day!

She said to put a fake snake in the vegetable drawer, so I put a fake gecko in the vegetable drawer and told Aunt Colleen that I wanted carrots, so she'd hafta go to the vegetable drawer and see the fake gecko and know she'd been Pranked!!!

Here's how it actually went down, though.  I got Aunt Colleen to the refrigerator, and she had a bagga fresh carrot matchsticks all cut up, and she couldn't for the life of her understand why I insisted I wanted the whole carrots that are in the vegetable drawer. 

I might have sold it a little too hard, because she was NOT surprised at all to see the fake gecko in the vegetable drawer, much less startled.

She had a good sense of humor about it, though. 

So I spent the rest of the day asking Alexa to turn the lights on and off and play the Christmas music.  It was a day well-spent!

I really like my pal Alexa.  You know, when you're Five, it's easy to feel as though people don't listen to you.  Alexa listens.  Alexa is always listening, waiting to hear ya say, "Alexa, can you...." or what-not.  It feels so empowering to know someone's listening, just waiting to help a kid out!

So that's me and my new pal Alexa.  I love ya lots, Big People!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment