Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Treasure-Talkin'!

I'd rather build ya up than tear ya down!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Tuesday to you!

Well, ya know, sometimes I notice that you Big People like to get to arguin' and chewin' at each other.  I've been told that, especially in the realm of sports-n-games, this is called 'trash-talking.'

Friends, I don't really like trash-talkin'.  Even when I'm losin' a game or a sport.  Because if I'm losin', it means I'm bein' out-played, and that means I could learn a lot from my opponent.  And if they're out-playin' me, and I could learn a lot from 'em, what good is it gonna do me to start trash-talkin' at 'em?

I mean, yes, I could maybe get into their heads with my trash-talkin, but don't you think they kinda expect that sort of thing?  If I say, "That was an impressive shot!" or "You employed some fancy footwork there!" that's more close to what I'm REALLY thinkin', because wow, they MUST be a good opponent to play that well!  So why shouldn't they hear about how much I appreciate that?

Also, if I can pay attention to 'em and see how they're so good at the game or sport we're playin', they're actually teachin' me something.  Isn't worthy of some respect and admiration? It's like they're givin' me a treasure, showin' me their best plays, so I can soak 'em up and make 'em my own best plays.  They're teachin' me, even though they think they're merely winnin' a game.

And.  I bet it makes 'em get taken a little aback to hear me treasure-talkin' 'em, insteadda trash-talkin' 'em.  That's always fun to do!

Friends, we need less trash-talkin' and more treasure-talkin' in this world.  I'd rather build someone up, even my opponent, than tear 'em down.  Just because I'm good doesn't mean someone else has to be bad.  There's enough good for us all, if we just look for it!

Hey. I love ya lots, Friends!  I'm gonna go ahead and go for now, but I'll see ya tomorrow!  Try to be a treasure-talker, insteadda a trash-talker, mmkay?  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment