Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

I Got a Rhino!

Rhinos aren't as much fun as Little Giraffes.
 Hiya, Friends!  Well, I never thought it'd happen to me, because I'm almost sixteen months old, and it's never happened to me yet, but now it has.  I caught a rhinovirus, a rhino for short.  A cold. 

I'm not in bad shape, and I've had this rhinovirus since Tuesday, I think.  My nose is a little stuffy.  I've been relying heavily on my friend Mr. Snotty to keep me from having great gobs of grossness running down my face.  Mr. Snotty's great!  When I feel overwhelmed, I just say, "Clean me up, Snotty!" and Mr. Snotty plays me soothing music while he does his job.  I've even learned how to work Mr. Snotty all by myself.  This is a Major Development for me.

I also have been wearing a new perfume.  It's called "Vap-O-Rub by Vicks."  I just love it.  The minute Mommy opens up that jar, I stick my nose right in, and take a big whiff.  It opens up my nasal passages and makes my head feel all clear.  I love the smell of eucalyptus! 
At least my rhino isn't a charging one.

Twice a day, night and morning, I put on my Vap-O-Rub by Vicks.  I credit it for keeping me from being miserable.

Since I was on the World Wide Web, anyway, I looked up some things about the care and feeding of a rhinovirus, because I figured that now that I have one, I ought to care for it properly, and by properly, what I'm trying to say is I wanna kill it.  Because like General Patton always said, you need to find out all you can about your enemy in order to beat 'em! 

Well, I read that I hafta just let it run its course, because it's a virus.  That was a bummer.  I learned some interesting things, though.  I learned that rhinovirus comes from the Greek word meaning "nose," because the environment of the nose is where the virus can best thrive.  Huh.

I'll survive this, Big People! It's merely a head cold!
Also, I read that rhinoviruses are really small, some of the smallest viruses around.  They measure only about thirty nanometers in diameter.  Friends, I am not making this up.  Isn't it funny how something so small can make a whole human person, even a tiny human person like me so uncomfortable?  Isn't it funny how something so small can be so hard to beat?  And by 'funny' what I really mean is doesn't it just frustrate the heck out of ya, Big People?  It sure does me!

But it's going to be okay.  My house is nice and warm inside.  I don't have anywhere I hafta be.  I have my Vap-O-Rub by Vicks, and my trusty humidifier, and a stack of Little Monkeys books and a new Highlights Hello! magazine to read.  I'm going to be fine, Friends!  Just you see.  In a coupla days, I'll be back in tip-top shape!

I hope all of you stay in tip-top shape!  Wash your hands, or use hand-san if you're not near a sink.  Cover your sneezes and coughs with the crook of your arm, to catch the germs!  Drink lotsa water and humidify, humidify, humidify!  And I guess if you can stomach it, have some Onion Syrup.  I don't care for the stuff, personally, so I'm going to grab my rhinovirus by its horn and just swing it around my head for a little while, until it gets so dizzy it has to lumber off and go back wherever rhinoviruses go when they're kicked out!


1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon Zoe!! I am sick too, so I know how you feel! Thanks for the good advice!
    Your friend,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete