Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

My Triumphal Return and the Musical Fruit!

I've felt as though something's been missing lately.
Hiya, Friends!  Well, if you've been following along, and I know you have, you know how much I love the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville.  You should also know I haven't been there lately, and it's hurt my heart. 

 It's been all blah, blah, blah, Mommy and Daddy are trying to eat healthier, and make the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville a sometimes-treat, instead of a regular thing.  You know what? 

That's stinkin' thinkin' in my book!  Eating at the Texas Hot is good for your soul!
I'm on a roll tonight!  With butter!





I guess I understand about it being cold, weather-wise.  I guess I understand that it's better to be safe than sorry, with the roads.  I understand all of this.  I really do.  But you know what this baby needs?  This baby needs a night out, once in a while!

See, when I went for my nap this afternoon, I went with the understanding that I'd be going to Gramma's tonight, while Mommy and Daddy went to the hockey game, but it seems that over the course of my nappage, decisions were made and plans changed.  The weather again.  Stupid weather.

Yes, it IS quite delicious, my roll! 
In light of this, I said to Mommy and Daddy that I understood about them not wanting to drive all the way to downtown Buffalo for the game tonight, but would they mind terribly taking me out for supper, since it's been a while.  Mommy allowed as to how it's been a while, because the last time I was taken out to eat in public, I made a fuss and embarrassed her and Daddy so much they thought we'd never be allowed to be seen in KayTee's again.  I told her that was because there's nothing against KayTee's, but I didn't want to be at KayTee's that day, I wanted to be at the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville!

Apparently, even Mommy couldn't argue with my logic.  

So tonight, I made my triumphal return to the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville.  It was nice.  We parked on the side-street, where there are no meters, so we had a little walk.  We walked by the jewelry store, and Mommy slowed down to have a look.  I love the jewelry store windows, too!  Everything's so sparkly!  I love sparkly!  Then we walked past the theater, and the drug store, and barber shop and clothing store, and then finally we were there: my beloved Texas Hot!

You don't mind if I eat in front of you, do you?
It was so cold outside, and when we got inside, it was so warm and inviting!  It was like coming home!  I'd know that aroma anywhere: grilling hot dogs, burgers, French fries frying, Texas Hot Sauce simmering... When we got inside, I took a big whiff of the air and thought 'Ahhhhhhhhhhh!'

There's just something about the atmosphere.  The way the air smells, the way the lights light up the walls and those wooden booths; it just made it feel so warm and cozy and welcoming as we sat down.

I got to try BOTH the specials tonight.  Mommy ordered me the baked beans and hot dog, but our waitress forgot and brought me macaroni and cheese instead.  I was so hungry that the minute the mac&cheese was in front of my, I got into it with both my hands.  And then our waitress came back by and said she realized she brought me the wrong thing.  She felt bad, she said, and brought me my baked beans and hot dog, too! 

I'm glad she did.  Mommy said those baked beans were DELICIOUS!  She said it just like that.  DELICIOUS!  You could hear the capital letters her voice.  I thought they were good, too.  They were sweet.  I could have eaten them for dessert, and been just happy about it!
Everything just tastes better here at the 'Hot!

Of course, we got a slice 'a coconut creme pie to share for dessert instead, though.  Boy, was I ever stuffed!

The only thing about my return to the Texas Hot was that Mommy sat me beside that wonderful, shiny silver call-button, and she wouldn't let me push it to make the light come on.  That was a bummer to me.  And also, the jukebox didn't work.  The jukebox didn't bother me as much as not being allowed to push that beautiful silver call-button.  That's some cruel stuff, right there, for a little kid who loves buttons and shiny things and things that light up.

But I'm not going to dwell on the negatives.  I got to go to my favorite place to eat tonight, after a long stretch of being cooped up.  It felt good.  Everything tasted good.  I got to do some people-watching. 

That's a win, Friends.  That's a big win for your pal Zoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment