Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'm Sweet Sixteen Today!

It's hard to believe I've been here for Sixteen Months!
 Hiya, Big People! Zoe here.  Today's Wednesday, January Ninth.  Do you know what that means? 

I'm Sixteen Months Old today!  That's right!  Sixteen months ago today, I came into the world and said "hiya, world!" I betcha it seems like not that long ago to you, but sixteen months is a LONG time for me!  My whole entire life!  Wowza!

Now, tomorrow, I plan to write a nice retrospective of the last year and four months, but as today's just getting started, I want to squeeze all I can out of it, so I'll have lots to tell you about!

It makes me wonder, Big People, how come when you're my age, you tell people how old you are by months, and by the time you get to your age, say, it's exclusively in years?
In my sixteenth month, I plan to conquer!

Does the math get too overwhelming after a while?  Do months feel shorter after a while? Its a phenomenon I've noticed.  Why, back in the day, when people'd ask Mommy how old I was, she'd tell them in weeks.  Then, gradually, I noticed it started being measured in months, and I admit that weeks have started to feel kind of short to me, so I understand.

But months... MONTHS, Big People?  Why, they feel like they take a LONG time to pass.  Not that I'm complaining.  I'm not saying I'd like time to fly by like it's a fighter jet or the roadrunner!  I'm just saying that I cannot imagine I'll get to a time in my life where I say "Pffffffft.  Months come and go so quickly, so I'm going to tell people how old I am in YEARS!"  Just seems like such a Thing, you know, Friends?

But today, I'm gonna dance!
Then again, you all probably thought the same way I do, once, and now look at you, speaking in years!

Anyway, I'll be back again tomorrow, to show you pictures of me from when I measured my life in minutes, and then hours, then days, then weeks, and now months!  But today, I'm going to have a good time.  I'm going to play some games with the Little Giraffes and then throw a Ballapalooza Dance Party with all my friends.  Sabretooth is going to launch me out of a T-Shirt cannon! (I'll wear a helmet!)  Wheeeee!

Mostly, I'm going to just have a Great Day, Friends, and if there's anything I want for my Sweet Sixteen Today, it's to know that all my friends are having a Great Day, too!  Can you do that for me, Friends?  Alllll right! 

And remember that Zoe loves you!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment