Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Paddle to the Sea!

Hey! Check me out! I'm on a boat!
Hiya, Friends!  You may notice that in today's pictures, I'm riding in a boat, and I've gotta say, I love it!

I believe the type of boat I'm riding in is called a 'kayak.'  I call it 'fun that floats!'   I don't know what it is about being on the water that's so thrilling and relaxing- yes, both at the same time!  I think we could call it 'thrillaxing.'  Yes.  I like that!  Anyway, it is thrillaxing to be on the water.  I think it's relaxing because the water has kind of a rhythm all its own.  There are currents and waves, and you can kind of just get carried away.  It's thrilling to be on the water because it's something I don't get to do every day, and also, there's a whole entire world underneath the water that I don't even know that much about! 

In the days before cars, hopping in a boat and paddling away was the way to get around.  I couldn't help but think about that while I was in the kayak on the lake. 

Another thing I couldn't stop thinking about was that there's supposedly a monster that lives in Seneca Lake!  How about that?!  I don't know what its name is.  I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get to meet the Seneca Lake Monster, because I would have liked to ask it its name, and introduce myself, and maybe see if there's anything I could do to help it be more understood among my people.

I mean, maybe the Seneca Lake Monster isn't even a monster at all, but the day it first came into contact with any people, it coulda had a headache and appeared not to be very friendly.  I don't think it's fair to judge him on that one encounter. 
We take our paddling very seriously, and also I'm lookin' for the Seneca Lake Monster!

That's my one disappointment with my Seneca Lake vacation, Friends.  I never got to see the Monster, let alone introduce myself and find out if I can help him at all. 

The rest of the time was really fun, though, and I DID discover that I really like kayakin'. 

Maybe next year, I'll get to meet the Monster and help him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment