Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lighten Up!



Growing up is serious stuff, Friends!
Friends, I'll tell ya what.  Learning new stuff is serious business.  Why, just yesterday, when I was writing my Two Hundredth Post, I was thinking about all the new things I've learned since I started doing this web log

It was kinda fun, reaching all the way back to my first post.  Goodness, I was so little and chubby.  Can you believe it?  And my hair!  Holy smokes, I hardly had any hair!

Looking at that picture of me as a kid, I remembered that back last September, I didn't even know how to walk yet!  How about that?!  I started walking down to Aunt Colleen's house, all the way in October.  It seemed like such a big deal, then, taking those first few steps and then falling down on my bottom (thank goodness Pampers are fluffy!), and then getting back up again.  Now, I pretty much run everywhere I go, and it's so easy!

I didn't know the alphabet back then.  I couldn't count to ten.  I knew what colors were, but I wasn't sure about their names.  I tried Mommy's trick when she forgets names, calling the girls "Sweetie" and the boys "Sport" but as it turns out, colors aren't really boys or girls, even pink and blue.  They're just colors, really.  So it made no sense whatsoever to try calling them Sweetie or Sport or Gertrude or Harold.

I've had to learn their real names, and I'm getting it right.  I still like to mess with Mommy's head and tell her that blue things are red or green things are purple.  It's a lot of fun.

Let's see.  Back when I first started writing to you all, I didn't know how to eat Big People Food.  I ate most of my meals all zizzed up in the blender, or out of pouches.  Those were crazy times.  Now, I eat fruits and vegetables and food just like Mommy and Daddy do!  I love fish and tomatoes and BANANAS!

What I'm saying is that this has all been big, serious stuff.  But I haven't let it deter me from cultivating my lighter side.  I think it's more fun going through this life if you get to have fun.  So in that mindset, please enjoy the following photograph of yours truly, your pal Zoe, walking on the sunny side of the street and using my red wooden ball from my Stacking Color Rings as a clown-nose:
You're witnessing Pure Comedic Gold right here, Friends!
There you have it, Big People! I hope you'll come back and see me tomorrow.  I can't tell ya what's in store, because honestly, I don't know.  But come back, and we'll see, together.  I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment