Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Settling Back In To Regular Life

Boy, I loved that lake!
Hiya, Friends!

Well, I'm settling back into my routine after getting back from vacation.  I admit that I never really understood why you Big People make such a big deal over vacation, until I actually went on an actual vacation at a real-live lake house on a big lake! 

I loved it!

And I promise I'll post some pictures of my vacation soon.  In a few days.  Not so many pictures as to be obnoxious.  I understand that as much as you Big People love vacation, you hate to hafta look through picture after picture of other people's vacations. 

We could have a vacation slide party!
In fact, I read about a curious ritual that Big People would go through, way back during the era of photographic slides.  The way I understand it, you'd invite all your friends over to your house after you got back from vacation and got your slides back from the developer of your choosing, and then you'd serve everybody adult beverages and cheese puffs and make 'em watch all six-thousand of your vacation pictures, projected onto a portable viewing screen.  And they'd be bored and hate it, and then they'd turn around and invite you over to a vacation slide-watching party at their house, when they went on their vacation and got their slides back.

Sounds like good times, right there, Friends!


'Course, now, you can pretty much do the same thing on the Facebook, but without the cramming all your friends into your actual living room, or serving them adult beverages and cheese puffs.  And your friends can always hide your vacation pictures from their newsfeeds if they aren't as nosy as I am. 

I don't know.
Or we could just go on the water-slide! Sounds like more fun to me!
So anyways, in a few days, I'll be posting some pictures from my vacation at a lake.  They might take up a few days' worth of posts.  If ya wanna look at 'em and read my vacation-themed retrospective blog entries, you can!  If you don't wanna, you can go bake yourself some cheese puffs and watch MacGuyver re-runs.  I'm not gonna make ya sit there and look at my vacation pictures if you don't wanna. 

In the meantime, Friends, I love ya.  I hope you're getting some downtime here in the summer.  You were right.  Vacation really is just swell, and settling back into a Normal Routine after a solid week of fun is quite a drag.  But let's make the best of it and keep the spirit of vacation with us always, okay? We can do it!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment