Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Spirit of Vacation, Always!

I'll keep the spirit of Vacation with me always!
Well, Friends.  I've been home for a coupla weeks now, from my wonderful Lake Vacation, but going over the pictures for the blog has made me feel like I got to relive the fun while I wrote my posts. 

I feel like I grew a lot as a person at the lake.  Before we went to the lake, the biggest body of water I'd been near was my Mushroom Swimming Pool.  Seriously.  

Because my Daddy tried to paddleboard and fell in the water and then laughed to let me know he was all right, and then he got back up on the paddleboard and tried again, I learned that even if I fall down, even if I fall into water, I can get back up and try again.  I don't have to let falling define who I am or what I'm about.  It's the getting up that I need to practice and keep practicing.

I learned that there are lots of treasures to be found at the place where the water meets the land.  Aunt Colleen and I picked up lotsa interesting rocks and fossils and even some pretty glass that looked like it'd gone through a rock tumbler.  Before I went to the lake, I woulda thought that stuff wasn't all that special, but seeing it all lined up like Aunt Colleen and I had it, I saw that there's prettiness to be seen in the seemingly insignificant things.  You just have to look for it.

That's what I learned on my vacation, Friends.  That's the spirit I want to keep with me always.  And I'm going to. 

Plus, I'm gonna find a little vacation in every day if I can.  You'd be surprised how vacationish wearing a pair of neat goggles and a sunhat can make you feel, Friends.  So that's where I'm gonna start, by golly! 

See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment