Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Music of My Life

We should go caroling in August! It's warmer!
Hiya, Friends!  How are you today?

Boy, I'll tell you what.  This kid's brain is about on fire.  You know why?  Well, I'll tell ya.

I know it's August and all, but I can't get enough of hearing Christmas songs.

... Hey!  That wasn't very nice, throwing your beverage at me!  I barely had enough time to duck!  You coulda got me!!!

Anyway, I know it's August and all, but I've recently taken to hearing the Christmas songs in a book called 'Where Did They Hide My Presents?'  It's fun words set to regular Christmas carol tunes.  And I just love 'em.  It's like somebody crawled up into my mind and wrote down my thoughts in holiday-based tune.

Every time I get to pick what book I want, I tell Mommy and Daddy I wanna hear songs out of WDTHMP.  I'm not trying to rush the season.  I'm not ready to say good-bye to summer.  But I have a theory as to why I'm so attached to the Christmas Music, and I think you're gonna think this is as brilliant as I think it is.  Hold on!

Stay nice, Friends!  Santa's watchin'!!!
See, when it's Christmastime, it's cold outside. At least it should be, especially if you live in the Snowbelt like I do.  But in August, it's nicey warm.  So why can't we get our Christmas caroling out of the way NOW, while it's warm enough that people would want to traipse around singing, and other people would wanna stand in their open doorways, listenenig to 'em?  I've heard tell that there's people who do their Christmas cards this time of year, to get that task out of the way, but really, I think that's a nice job to do in front of a fire, with a big mugga cocoa.  In other words, that sounds like perfect cold-weather work to me.

Singing outside in the freeze and the chill, not so much.  So if we could just persuade ourselves and the other members of whatever community caroling group you happen to belong to, that August is the time to do the caroling, you might be surprised at all the time you have at the beginning of December to do your Christmas cards, since you wouldn't be busy recovering from a horrendous cold or hacking up part of a lung, because you caught a draft during your wintertime caroling.

Friends, I'm not being critical of the way you do things, but part of my job as a kid is to think about all the ways I'd change the world, now that I'm here, and this caroling thing in the wintertime is one spot where I think you have things all mixed around.

Think about it and get back to me!  I'll be rehearsing my scales!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment