Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Splish-Splash!

I looked out at the Lake, and Daddy was standing on a paddle board!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, I'll tell you something.  I love water!  This should come as no surprise, since you know I spend time in my mushroom swimming pool at my house, and one of the top things I look forward to when I attend a Little Giraffe Convention is the swim-up donut bar, so that I can combine my two favorite things: donuts and swimming.

You know, that whole thing about not swimming and eating is an urban legend.  You won't get cramps if you eat and then swim in less than an hour! 


Next thing I knew, Daddy fell and went 'splash!'
That isn't what I'm talking about today, though.  I'm talking about just the fun of swimming.  Getting in the water.

Recently during my Lake Vacation, Uncle Lorentz and Aunt Colleen rented a kayak and a paddle board for all of us to try.  I got to ride in the kayak, and that was a lot of fun for me.  The paddle board was too challenging for me.  It's pretty much this board you stand on and row around the lake with! 

Aunt Colleen hopped on that thing and went skeeting all over the Lake with it!  She could turn on a dime with that big board!  It was so much fun to watch!

Daddy tried it out, too, and I got to watch him. Now, it was a windy day, with the water doing jumping jacks, but Daddy tried out that paddle board, just the same.  I watched him hop up on the board, and then the waves got really wavy, just like they KNEW my Daddy was trying to stand on a paddle board, and next thing I saw, Daddy's feet were up in the air and I heard a SPLASH!!!

He's okay.  Just got a little wet!
"Daddy fall!" I said to Gramma!  And Gramma told Daddy to laugh!  "Laugh!" she said, "so Zoe knows you're all right!"

And Daddy laughed.

I guess that made it all better, so far as I was concerned.

What Daddy did next really inspired me, Friends!  Do you know what my Daddy did? 

Daddy got back up on that paddle board and tried again!  He gave it another shot!  That made a bigger impact on me than if Daddy woulda hopped on that paddle board and paddled around that lake like a pro.  It really meant a lot to see my Daddy work at that paddle board, and to fall off and see him get right back on it. 

That's a lesson I'm gonna carry with me: if ya fall off the paddleboard and into the lake, you just get right up and try again until you get it!  Rah!

No comments:

Post a Comment