Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

Before Ya Know It!

In fifteen short years, that'll be me up on that stage!
Hiya, Friends! 

Hey, didja know that today is Graduation Day at the school where I'll be heading when I'm a Big Kid?  It's true. 

It all got me to thinking about my very own Graduation Day, Friends.  It makes me realize that in just fifteen short years, I'll be up on that stage, graduating from the very same school Mommy and Daddy graduated from.  In fact, I looked up the year- 2030, and as it turns out, June 7th is on a Friday night, so it's very possible that I'll be graduating on the very same day that my Mommy did, only 34 years later!  Unless the School decides I'd be better suited to graduate on Friday, May 31 instead.

I hope I'll have had a lotta fun in school!  I hope I'll have lotsa friends, and that I get good grades.  More important than my grades, I hope I'll learn a lot in school.  I wanna be good at things and know lots of stuff.  I hope that by May 31st or June 7th, 2030, I'll know how to diagram sentences with the best of 'em, how to do calculus, how to really read literature, not just see it as a buncha tiny details to pick apart. 

I hope that I learn now to think, not just answer questions.  I'm talking about critical thinking.  I think that's something that's really important when you're a Big People. 

I hope that I learn how to accept and learn from criticism with grace.  I think I'm pretty great at stuff, but there's always room for improvement, even if it means I've gotta tear something down I worked really hard to build up.

It all seems like it's gone so fast, my schooling, and it hasn't even started yet.  I guess I just get to thinkin' around this time of year, is all, Friends.  I just wanna make sure that when the time comes, I'll have grown up into a Big Person you wanna know, you know? 

It'll be lotsa fun, I think.  I think school's gonna be lotsa fun, but 2030 can take its time coming for now.  I'm havin' lotsa fun, bein' Just Me right now.

Hey, Friends.  I love ya lots.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow.  If you have a graduator that you're watchin' graduate tonight, I'm sending warm hugs your way, Friends.  It'll all be all right.  I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment