Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Gift of Laughter

It's truly a gift to be able to make people laugh!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's the Twenty-Fifth. 

Since I had some grumpage after yesterday's post, I'm not allowed to remind ya of what's coming up in six months from now.  So I won't. 

This kid isn't gonna go back to Blogger Time-Out.

Anyways, I won't talk about what's coming up in six months, but I WILL talk about what a GIFT it is when ya can make someone laugh.  Or, even what a PRESENT it is to be able to laugh, you know, Friends?

I usedta get all skinny around the nose when Big People would laugh at me, but then Mommy explained to me that they weren't really laughing at me.  Or even laughing at me.  You know what I'm saying, Friends? 

She said that what they're laughing at are the things I say and the things I do, or the way I say or do 'em.  She said they aren't bein' mean.  If they were bein' mean to me, she'd let 'em have it.  But instead, she says, people just get a kick out of what I say and what I do.  I countered that I don't even TRY to make people laugh- I just do what I do!  And that's when Mommy said that it's a gift to be able to make people laugh like that.

I got to thinking about that, Friends.  And what I decided was to become a Doctor of Humorous Healing.  Laughter IS the best medicine, and it makes a pretty darned good present, too.  Maybe not a present for the big holiday that is only six shopping months from to-day, but it's a great thing to give a friend or complete stranger, just any time of the year.  Laughin' is like a calorie-free cupcake.  And laughin's free.

Unless you come to St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital for a Spirit Lift.  That'll cost ya, but you can talk about that with Billing.  I don't handle that aspect of Humorous Healing. 

Anyway, I love ya lots, Friends!  Laugh lots today.  Make somebody else laugh.  It's the best present you can give yourself and others.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment