Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Starfruit!

I don't know about this.  I do not know about this!
Hiya, Friends!

Hey, have you ever tried carambola?  Another name it goes by is starfruit.  It's a tropical fruit that you an get at Wegmans. 

In the produce bin, it just looks like a weird yellow fruit.  when ya wash it and slice it crossways, it looks like stars.  That's where it gets the name 'starfruit.'  You don't hafta peel it at all.  The skin is kind of easy to eat.

It looks pretty.  I'll give starfruit that much.

But the taste.  I don't know, Friends.  I'm not sold on the way on the taste.  It reminded me a little bit of a giant yella star-shaped grape, texture wise.  That's exactly what it's like in texture. 

Flavor-wise, I don't know even what to tell ya.  Something like a pear and kiwifruit, but kind of watery in flavor.  Not so much in texture.  The texture is still like that of a grape that's big enough to slice up and eat like that.  But with proportionally thicker skin.

Another disappointment is that starfruit doens't make ya twinkle like a star or give you any other superpowers besides bein' able to say you've eaten a starfruit, and when ya come right down to it, that's a pretty lame superpower.

Yeah, I don't know what to tell ya about starfruit, Friends.  I guess it's okay.  It isn't awful.  I wouldn't buy it again, but maybe if I was at someone else's house, and they had some starfruit and offered me some, and told me not to be shy about eatin' it, because they need to eat it up, or they need the space in their fridge, or what have you, I'd say, 'sure, pass me a slice'a' that dang ol' starfruit.  I'll help ya out.'

I'd say that, but there'd need to be either a bit of arm-twisting or maybe another reward like a big Hershey bar after I ate the starfruit, or a trip to a nice mall sometime.

Starfruits aren't for me, Friends.  At least not right now.

But seein' you every day IS for me!  And I'm sure glad you have me along for your ride.  I'll be seein ya tomorrow!  Love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment