Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Magic Trick I Did!

Here I stand, hungry, with no ice cream.
Hiya, Friends!  The other night, I realized something.  I realized I can do magic!  Real Hogwart's-quality magic!  Have a listen!

I was at Gramma's, and what I really wanted was ice cream.  I don't know where the ice cream is kept at Gramma's house, and even if I did, I don't know where the scoops are, or how to work 'em, really, so I definitely need Big People assistance when it comes to ice cream.  To that end, I stood around watching my Big People do whatever they do, trying to get somebody's attention so they'd bring me some ice cream, and it didn't work.

Not that I couldn't get any attention.  I could get lotsa attention.  But that attention wasn't the ice cream-bringing kind!

So I decided to do something about it, the lack of ice cream.  I closed my eyes, and I thought about that ice cream I wanted.  I imagined the coldness, and how heavy my ice cream would be.  I was visualizing a triple scoop in a waffle cone, by golly, so it was plenty hefty!

If I visualize ice cream in a cone, it'll come true!
And as long as I was dreaming up an ice cream cone, I dreamed big, Big People.  I didn't settle on just one old boring old flavor.  Not that I'd ever turn down strawberry or vanilla or chocolate or orange sherbet.  I wouldn't!  But I was dreaming up an ice cream cone, so I dreamed up three really fantabulous flavors! 

The first flavor I dreamed up was Chocolate Cherry Chunkacrunch. That's the flavor I'd have sitting on the tippy-top of my ice cream cone, and the flavor I'd eat first.  I could just taste the way the little bits of chocolate cherry crunchies would pop in my mouth and fill it up with the deliciousness of cherries covered in chocolate.

The middle flavor I visualized was Roasty Toasty Marshmallow Drizzle with Graham Cracker Sugar Crunchies ice cream.  It'd putcha in mind of Graham Central Station ice cream at Brusters, except in addition to the graham-cracker flavored crunchy sugar, a gluey glue made of marshmallow sauce binds it to the ice cream as well as to the little bits of Hershey Bar I didn't mention before, but I'm mentioning it now, because that's how it would surprise your mouth!  Just like I did this time.

The final flavor, the one that sits directly on top of the waffle cone, was a departure from the other two flavors.  Now, keep in mind I was visualizing my fantasy flavors, since I figured what the heck, might as well, and also, keep in mind that an open mind is the best kind of mind.  Mmmmkay.  Here it is: Chocolate Chip Waffles Covered In Maple Syrup with a Side of Crunchy Bacon.  I think this flavor was my piece de resistance.  I really do.  I like to mix my sweet with my salty, but I respect that so doing can cause controversy.  But bear with me.  I was thinking of a neutral-flavored ice cream, something not too sweet and that doesn't call attention to itself, with little pieces of chocolate chip waffles, and then little pieces of maple-sugar-crusted bacon crunchies.  And I visualized me being super-happy eating that last flavor of ice cream.  The other two flavors I thought up aren't that much different from ice cream flavors I've heard about.  But this last flavor is definitely one-of-a-kind, and I think it's my secret favorite ice cream flavor!
Oh, my goodness, my visualization is coming true!

That's not where my magic trick happened.  Anybody can visualize ice cream flavors.  I bet you could do it, Friends, after you're finished reading this post! 

No, my magic trick occurred when I finished visualizing my perfect triple-scoop.  Next thing I knew, Mommy was taking me over to my yellow high chair, and putting on my cupcake bib.  I said, "Mommy, I already ate my supper!" and she told me we were going to have cake and... wait for it...

ICE CREAM!!!  We got to have ice cream, just like I visualized, except for instead of my flavors, they were real-world flavors!  I had cookies and cream!  Mmmm! 

So how about that?  I wanted ice cream so much I made it happen!  Magic!  So when I get my acceptance letter to Hogwarts, Friends, I'll make sure I invite you to Friends and Family Day.  By then, I'll be handy enough with the magic to conjure up those ice creams I was telling you about.  So get your mouth all set for some Chocolate Chip Waffles Covered in Maple Syrup with a Side of Crunchy Bacon Ice Cream!  I'll hafta come up with a snappier name for it.  I'll hafta do that.  That working-title name I made up wouldn't ever fit on the card at the ice cream shop.  Nobody'd ever remember it! 

I know.  I'd call it "Best Breakfast Ever!" ice cream, except you wouldn't eat it for breakfast.  You could eat it at any time.  How about that, Friends?!  How about that!  I'm off to see about more magic I can do!  Love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment