Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Favorite Book Right Now

There's always time for a good book!
Hiya, Friends!  How are you this Tuesday? 

Today I'd like to talk with you about my favorite book, Curious George Visits An Ice Cream Shop.  Boy, it's a good book! 

It features my favorite character right now, Curious George!  And he and the Man in the Yellow Hat go to an ice cream shop that Mr. Herb owns.  Mr. Herb is initially glad that Curious and the Man stop by, because he just opened, and nobody knows he's there yet, but when the Man goes to run errands and leaves Curious at Mr. Herb's, Curious messes up Mr. Herb's big order and Mr. Herb gets all mad!

He yells at Curious!  And Curious gets all scared and runs to the other counter, where he finds all kinds of sundae fixins!


Oh my goodness, Curious George can get into trouble!
Curious starts making himself a sundae, and the people walking outside stop and watch Curious make a sundae, and they decide they want sundaes, too, so they come inside the shop, and Mr. Herb can hardly keep up with all the orders!  How about that?!

So in the end, Curious messed up Mr. Herb's big order, but he redeemed himself by getting all those people interested in the ice cream. 

I like a good story of redemption.  And Curious George delivers.  But I've got to ask myself why on earth the Man with the Yellow Hat left Curious at the ice cream shop while he ran some errands.  I mean, I would think the Man would know what Curious is all about.  It didn't appear from the story that this was the first time the Man met Curious, so what I think is that the Man in the Yellow Hat kind of dumped Curious on Mr. Herb for a little while, and he went off to have a break from Curious. 
Between you and me, I think the Man in the Yellow Hat set up Mr. Herb!

If you ask me, The Man in the Yellow Hat set up Mr. Herb!

I like Curious George a lot, but even I hafta admit that he's a bit of a handful.  And by 'a bit of a handful,' what I'm saying is that Curious George can be kind of a stinker, but he can't help it, because that's how he is.  The Man in the Yellow Hat shouldn't let him get into positions where he can mess up other people's big ice cream orders, you know? 

I can really relate to Curious, Friends.  I really can.  I'd like to hop up on the counter at an ice cream shop, and start scooping everything into a big bowl.  I'd like to see how far I can throw a roll in a restaurant, or what happens if I tip my plate of mac-n-cheese onto the floor if there's no Rozzie around to clean it up for me like I have at my house.  I'd like to find out the answers to those things, Friends, but I don't.
Hey, how about that?! Vava's my Man in the Yellow Hat!

Usually, it's because Vava's hovering nearby, just like a helicopter.  An annoying, annoying helicopter.  She keeps me from doing all the fun things I wanna do, because she says I could ruin something that means a lot to somebody, just by bein' me and not meaning to ruin it, or I could get hurt, or I could just annoy people, and Vava doesn't let me.  She's always got hold of some part of me, so I can't escape. 

It used to make me mad, until I got reading about Curious George, and seeing how his actions made other people feel, and now I've gotta say, I'm kinda glad Vava keeps me out of trouble.  She'd never just leave me off at an ice cream shop.  I know she wouldn't.  Why, I'd make a mess and run the owner ragged until Vava came back from her errands.  Just like Curious George!  Not because I mean to, but because that's how I experience the world!

Well, I still love Curious George Visits an Ice Cream Shop, even if I think the Man in the Yellow Hat dropped the ball and let Curious AND Mr. Herb down.  In the end, Curious George makes a lot of sundaes for Mr. Herb, and that, my Friends, is what the world's all about:

ICE CREAM!  mmmmMMMMmmm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment