Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

My New Little Giraffe Friend

Remember my friend Nora, Friends?  Here she is!
 Hiya, Friends!  A week ago today, Mommy and Gramma and I went to the Arnot Mall.  I wanted to visit my Little Giraffe Friend Nora.

I met Nora at last year's Convention to Raise Awareness of the Plight of Little Giraffes Everywhere.  As you know, I'm active in helping Little Giraffes in my neighborhood as well as a tribe of Little Giraffes that live in the Greater Pittsburgh Area, and actually, if any Little Giraffe needs my help, I am there to give it to them, Big People.  I will not turn away from helping out any Little Giraffe when you get right down to it, Friends.

Anyway, at that convention, Nora talked about how she used to feel bad about her neck, but she's figured out that we shouldn't feel bad about our necks or our milk bellies or whatever it is we have and we feel self-conscious about.

Do you think Rhoda likes it here with me?
It was very inspirational, and it changed my life!  It really did, Friends!

So imagine my surprise and delight to meet Nora a few weeks later, right at the Hallmark Store at the Arnot Mall!  She lives there and is the Little Giraffe Goodwill Ambassador, and she greets everybody who comes into the Hallmark Store.  I went right up to Nora and told her I recognized her, and that I loved her speech at the convention, and Nora was so friendly and gracious.

I just love Nora!

Well, this visit with Nora, I learned that her cousin Rhoda also lives at the Hallmark store at the Arnot Mall, but she wanted a home with windows, and where she could settle in and not wonder if the next person to walk through was going to give her a good home, or if they'd take her into hostile territory, or if she was gonna hafta stay at the store forever!
We're gonna get along just fine!

Could you imagine living with that kind of uncertainty, Friends?  I sure couldn't!  Plus, once I went to the back of the store to meet Rhoda, she told me she wanted to be where she could help Little Giraffes everywhere, because unlike Nora, who gets to see all kinds of people at the front of the store, Rhoda was in the toy aisle, and when people are there, they don't want to hear about the plight of Little Giraffes.  They want to pick their present and get on their way!

Well, wouldn't you know that Rhoda fits in very well here at my place!  She's sweet and smart, just like Nora, and she helps everybody stay calm around here when things get hectic and stressful.  Plus, she gives the BEST HUGS!  And when Wellington and the Little Giraffes of the Wild Steppes of Wexford call up and complain because their bus isn't taking them to Sonic enough, Rhoda talks them through it, and helps them realize that they feel better when they eat nutritious food, and that their bus DOES take them to Sonic enough, for sometimes-treats.  She's really handy to have around here, Friends!  And she says she doesn't miss the Mall, because she can call Nora whenever she wants, and email, and Skype sometimes.  I'm pretty proud of ol' Rhoda, and I sure am happy to have her here! 

That's what I love about meeting new people and new Little Giraffes, Friends!  I get to make new friends and keep the friends I've had all along. 

And remember, I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment