Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Why I Love Where I'm From!

Just look at me now, Friends!  Just look at me now!
 Hiya, Friends!  Something wonderful happened yesterday!  I got to sit on the tractor, right in the driver's seat, all strapped in like a big girl!  It was fantastic!

See, Mommy gets to drive the tractor all the time when she mows the lawn or plows snow out of the driveway, and Daddy gets to drive the tractor to smooth out dirt, or to move heavy things.

I never get to be near the tractor, because I'm too little.  I'm not going to lie.  That is a fact that has bothered me, my whole entire life.  Just because I'm little doesn't mean I can't see how much fun a big, orange tractor is!

Yesterday, Daddy let me sit on the seat, and he put the seatbelt on me, and didn't I ever feel like a Big Cheese!


I think this tractor suits me, don't you, Friends?

 Just in case you're the excitable type, Friend, don't worry.  Daddy didn't let me roll the tractor, or be on it while it was rolling.  I wasn't even allowed to be NEAR it while it was moving.

Now back to my adventure!  Even though I didn't get to go anywhere on the tractor, it didn't stop me from mowing the lawn in my imagination.  It didn't stop me from scooping up imaginary dirt and dumping it back out on the ground!  It was so much fun!


NOW YOU CAN SEE THE WHOLE TRACTOR AND ME!

 I realize that mowing the lawn on the tractor is Mommy's job. ... For now.  I suppose I can accept that.  I mean, my legs are too short to reach the tractor pedals.  I can't reach 'em to make the tractor go frontwards or backwards, so I guess I can't expect to be allowed to drive the tractor now.  But as soon as I can reach those pedals, Mommy's gonna hafta find herself a NEW job!  When I can reach those pedals, I am gonna have me a fine time driving that orange fun-machine around! 
I can't reach the key to turn it, either, but I know where it is!
 I can just see me now, wearin' a pair of colorful rubber boots, buckled into the driver's seat of this glorious tractor, my hair flying in the breeze.  I'll probably wear some sunglasses, too.  I feel like that would be the appropriate thing to do when I'm driving the tractor.  And I'll probably listen to some music through headphones while I'm driving the tractor.  I mean, the engine's pretty loud, so I'll hafta wear hearing protectors, so I might as well also wear some music-earpieces, so I can listen to something besides just the insides of my ears.

I won't crank the tunes up too loud, though! 



Tractors are just one perk to livin' in the country!
Yep, I see a bright and glorious friendship in the future for me and the tractor.  It feels like home to me, that tractor driver's seat.  I feel comfortable there.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm glad I get to live where I live, so I can drive a tractor!  I think that little kids that live in the city don't get to.  They get neat parks, and museums and stuff like that, but I can always GO to a city and visit a museum or a park.  I don't think my tractor would like it much in the city, though.  So I think I've got things pretty good, Friends.  I don't think I live in a "disadvantaged" area.  I think I live in a "differentvantaged" area.  This is my home, and we get to drive tractors, and that can't be a bad thing!

Here's to blooming where you're planted, Friends!  Here's to blooming where you're planted!  And remember, Zoe loves ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment