Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Inside the Imaginatron 3100

I'm always a little nervous before I fly a new Imaginatron!
Hiya, Friends!  I betchya didn't know that besides hosting my Facebook program The Daily Zoe, writing this very blog, working in an office filling out TPS reports, and being a Toddler About Town, I'm an Imaginatron test pilot.  Didja know that?

What's that?  You don't know what an Imaginatron is, let alone that they have test pilots?

Well, lemme tell ya all about Imaginatrons.

To the untrained eye, an Imaginatron looks like a plain old box.  It can be any shape or size, and a good Imaginatron can be anything or take you anywhere.

The sky's not even the limit in an Imaginatron!

I started out in small Imaginatrons that are usually used for pretending to be cars or boats or little bi-planes. 

These smaller Imaginatrons are the 2100 series.  I love a good Imaginatron 2100!

There are bigger Imaginatrons.  One time, I test-piloted a 4100, which looked like a plain, white room.  In that Imaginatron 4100, I went for a spacewalk.  It was intimidating and also very, very exciting.

I hafta remember to relax and open my imagination right up.
My most recent test piloting experience, though, was a nimble Imaginatron 3100.  The 3100 series is larger than the 2100, but not as big as a 4100 or a 5100-series Imaginatron.  I can fit all the way inside an Imaginatron 3100, like a space capsule, or a space shuttle, or a big airplane, or a submarine. 

Actually, the Imaginatron 3100 is the most versatile of the Imaginatrons.  They can be anything you want them to be, but they're still pretty portable.

So I test-piloted this 3100 on an intergalactic mission to a faraway planet, to visit Little Green Men, or LGMs.  There were Little Green Women and Little Green Boys and Girls, but they refer to themselves collectively as LGMs, for efficiency's sake.  They were fascinated by the package of Willy Wonka Bottle Caps I brought with me, so I left it for them to share.  I don't really have a Prime Directive or anything when I go flying and exploring in an Imaginatron, because I'm limited only by what I can imagine.  It's empowering.  I've spoken with other intergalactic adventurers who DO have to stick to a Prime Directive, and it can be a little bit hobbling.  I don't have that.

I go off-planet or out of our galaxy, even out of our dimension a lot when I test-pilot an Imaginatron, because Imaginatrons lend themselves easy to that kind of exploration.  However, the Powers That Be wanted to know how the Imaginatron would perform closer to home, so I had a submarine mission, where I visited the bottom of the Marianas Trench!  I saw all kinds of sea life.  All kinds of weird, deep-sea creatures!

I love my job as an Imaginatron test pilot!
I also traveled to the Lost City of Atlantis and visited with some of the habitants there.  As it turns out, the Lost City of Atlantis isn't so much lost as it is unlisted.  That's right, everybody in the City of Atlantis just got tired of all the unsolicited telephone calls and pre-approved credit card offers and just made themselves Unlisted Under the Sea.  How about that?!

I'm sorry, though.  I can't tell ya where the Lost City of Atlantis is.  Before they'd let me come home, I had to agree to having the coordinates wiped out of my navigational instruments.  Otherwise, I'd be working in a pizzeria in Atlantis.

I've said too much.

I think being an Imaginatron Test Pilot is one of my favorite jobs that I have.  I love going places.  It can be risky sometimes, but I always find my way home.  I always do.  And I'm happier for the adventures I have in an Imaginatron. 

Speaking of the Imaginatron, Friends, I've got a flight in five minutes.  I've gotta go, but I'll be right back here to check in with ya tomorrow.  I love ya lots, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment