Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Like Christmas Eve Every Week!

I've got my Friday Party clothes on!
Hiya, Friends!  Hey, I know I've sung the praises of Saturday a lot.  I've said more than once how much I love Saturdays.  I don't think I'm alone.  When ya really think about it, Saturdays are easy to love for most of us.  There's a great old song called "Everybody's Workin' For the Weekend," of which Saturday is a major part.

But you know, I also love Fridays.  Fridays are like a little Christmas Eve, every single week!  Except ya don't hafta worry about whether or not all your presents are wrapped, or if the shrimp ring ya bought will be thawed out in time for your party- unless you're havin' a party tonight, and you have a shrimp ring that needs thawing out.  If that's the case, you'd better get crackalackin'.

No.  Fridays are great because you get all the anticipation of the weekend, but most of the time little to none of the anxiety that can surround Christmas Eve.  Plus, we get one Friday a week, insteadda havin' to wait until all the way after Thanksgiving to enjoy them, like we hafta wait for Christmas Eve. 

In fact, the only way that Fridays could be even better is if we got to have a pinata every Friday.

Will that shrimp ring be ready in time?
What's that? ... Well, yes, I mention pinatas a lot lately, because they fascinate me.  They really do.  They're like this big hangy-ball thing, filled with candy and toys and special treats, and ya hit it, and make the treats fall down like rain.  What's not to love about a pinata?  Can you really blame me for being obsessed by pinatas right now? ...Well, the reason I don't bring disco balls up all the time anymore is because I got a disco ball of my very own last summer, at the dang ol' Lowes near Aunt Colleen's house. ... I don't know which one.  They have literally a bazillion Lowes and Home Depots near where Aunt Colleen lives.  A bazillion.  It was one of 'em.  We'd just been to Handel's Ice Cream, and went into Lowes, and they had a disco ball.  Not a mirrory one that hangs from the ceiling and spins.  This one's black, with multi-colored lights on it, and it has its own light.  I like it a lot!

Thing of it is, ya don't hafta talk about something so much, once you have it. That's why I haven't been going on and on about a disco ball lately.  Because it was actually a dream come true!

Fridays are a wonderful reason to celebrate, every single week!
Hey!  I have an idea!  If you'd like me to stop harping on how much I want a pinata of my very own to celebrate one of these Fridays, maybe you could get Mommy to get me one!  You know how mommies are.  They listen so much better to fellow Big People than they do to their own little kids.  I swear, when I tell my Mommy I'd like a pinata, what she hears is "Mommy, I'd like a nap."  or "Mommy, I need a new diaper."

She never hears the right thing.  It's baffling, because 'pinata' doesn't sound a bit like 'nap' or 'diaper,' but hey, when ya get to be Mommy's age, the clutch starts slippin', but your foot's still right to the firewall.  So I'll go easier on her, especially since I've gotchyoo lookin' out for me, Friends. 

Pinata or no pinata.  Shrimp ring or no shrimp ring (Do I even like shrimp rings?  Do you know, Friends?).  Kick up your heels and have a GREAT Friday today, Friends!  And as a reminder, if ya follow me over on the Facebook, I get tomorrow off! and will resume my Facebook show on Sunday.  If ya don't follow me over on the Facebook, nothing's gonna seem out of the ordinary for you here, Friends.  I'll be right here, dark and early at 6 tomorrow morning.  So you can disregard all that stuff about tomorrow and the Facebook.

Mmmmkay.

I love ya lots, Friends! I'll see ya here tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment