Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

We Made It!

It's nice to have a break from the cold-cold!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Saturday to you!  How's your weekend going so far?  How have your first ten days of the New Year gone?  Boy, it got really cold there, during Days Six, Seven, and part of Eight, didn't it?

I know I've already talked about how cold it got, but the thing of it is, that fierce cold really made an impression on me.  I've never seen that kind of cold in my whole entire life.  Why, earlier this week, I thought it would never warm up again.  I thought we'd be in the deep-freeze forever.

That's why I'm so excited to see how warm it got yesterday, and even though it's gonna rain and get things all muddy and messy, I'm excited that it's a little warmer.  I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of snow and such, and that's okay. 

Shhhh, don't fuss at me for saying that.  You know it's gonna snow in the winter, and besides, it makes everything look so pretty, since there's no flowers outside, and all the leaves are off'n' the trees!  If it's gonna be cold, it might as well be pretty, with the snow.  If it helps ya, think of snow like Nature's glitter.

Hey!  Nature's Glitter!  I like that!  I like that a lot!  I'm gonna write that down, Friends, and use it again.  Be aware.  I think I've coined a phrase!

Back to the weather, though.  It's my obsession so far this year.  I feel like it calls for a party, that we made it through the bitter-cold that got delivered to us earlier this week.  I think it would not be outta line to kick up our heels and shout "Hey! We made it, and it's all gonna be okay!"
This calls for a party! Get your fancy hat on!

Oh, we could make a big event out of this, Friends!  Well, not all together in the same place, because I'm not sure, but I think everybody's in different locations from each other, and getting together on such short notice would be pertineer impossible.  We could have a virtual party for us commemorating making it through that super-cold weather earlier this week. 

Yes.  A virtual party.  How's about all of us grab a mug of hot cocoa this afternoon, load it up with extra marshmallows, raise our marshmallowy mugs up high, and say "Cheers!  Here's to good friends and warm thoughts on cold days!  We made it through!" and then enjoy our cocoa, knowing we're all having cocoa at the same-ish time.

And if you think our virtual party needs a pinata, by all means, get a pinata.  You know if I were there with you, I'd be right the heck on board with a pinata.  I really would.  I love those things!

Throw your hands in the air and yell "Squeee!"  We lived through the Polar Vortex!
Do they make an "Arctic Blast" or a "Polar Vortex" pinata?  Do you know? I think that would be highly appropriate if they do.  One of those kind of pinatas would be just the ticket for our virtual party.  I'm not sure what it would look like, either of them, but I don't think anything could be more fitting for a virtual party commemorating how we all made it through the convergence of the Arctic Blast and the Polar Vortex than a storm-themed pinata that dispenses treats when you hit it with a ball bat and break it open.  Insteadda snow, candy and small trinkets can rain down!  How about that?!

All right, Friends!  Good work!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment