Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hi!  You you doin' in Twenty Fourteen?  Feel any different?
Heya, Friends!  It's me, your pal Zozie, reporting from The Future!  It's 2014!  How about that?!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

So, I was just wondering if I was supposed to feel any different, now that it's a new year.  I really don't remember feelin' any different last New Year's.  I don't feel different this New Year's, and I'm wonderin' if it's just me, or if nobody really feels different on New Year's, except maybe the new year.

See, Mommy and Daddy let me stay up to watch the New Year come in, but I sure had to fight-n-scrap-n-make up for it with extra naps yesterday.  Those killjoys. They said I've been up way past my bedtime all through Christmas, and I've been off my schedule, and it's made me a little cranky. I know I shouldn't complain, since I DID get to stay up for the biggest stayin' up late holiday of the year, but I feel like saying I get cranky when I stay up late is an injustice.

Didja give the New Year a great big hug when it got here?
You know what makes me cranky, Big People?  Mommy and Daddy sayin' I'm cranky because I've been stayin' up and bein' off my schedule.  That's what makes me cranky.

Self-fulfilling prophecy, that is.  That's what I am!  I'm the victim of a self-fulfilling prophecy that I didn't even prophesize!  It isn't fair!  Why, that's like sitting at the table in a Chinese restaurant, and somebody at your table gets a lousy fortune like "You will stub your toe when you leave!" and insteadda them stubbing their toe, YOU stub YOUR toe on your way out the restaurant.

There's gotta be an elegant, impressive-sounding German word for that kind of thing.  Those Germans sure do have a way of puttin' impressive-sounding words onto things that describe the human condition.  There's gotta be a word for precisely what I'm describing- being the victim of someone else's self-fulfilling prophecy or getting somebody else's lousy fortune delivered to you instead of to the person who opened the fortune cookie with the lousy fortune in it! 

It's so great to be here in 2014, Friends! 
What was I talking about? ...

Oh yeah!  Anyway, ringing in the New Year last night was the weirdest thing!  One second, it was 2013, and then it was like it was magically 2014 and I was gettin' schuschelled off to bed.  I guess that's why I was wonderin' if I oughtta feel any different. 

Wait a minute!  Actually I DO feel a little different here in 2014!  I feel hopeful!  I feel hopeful that this year's gonna be better.  I feel hopeful that I'm gonna learn from the rough times and celebrate big in the good times.  That's what I feel now that it's 2014!  Can't do anything about anything in 2013, but we're in control of what we do in 2014!  Yes we are!  Fresh starts all around!

Friends, I'll see ya right back here, bright-n-early tomorrow, mmmmmmkay?  I sure love ya lots!  Muah!

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment