Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Watchin' Video from the Pasta Regatta

That cavatappi looks delicious!
Hiya, Friends!  As you remember, I recently competed in the Pasta Regatta noodle boat races.  My pal Sabretooth was the captain of my noodle boat.  Coming from the hockey background that Sabretooth hails from, the SS Rigatoni crew and I have been going over and over the video from our recent race so that we can improve as we practice for next year.

I think video is a valuable tool in sports.  You can know what you're thinking in a moment, and how what you're doing feels, but nothing brings the whole picture together like... well, a moving picture. 

I love watchin' video from the Pasta Regatta.  I really do.  Sometimes, it's so exciting that I forget the race already happened and that I was in it.  I get so excited that I cheer for the good ol' SS Rigatoni and get disappointed all over again when we don't win.

Sabretooth has to remind me to keep my mind on what we're doing, to look at the Pasta Regatta analytically so that I can analytically analyze my own performance, and our performance as a crew on the SS Rigatoni.

There's the SS Rigatoni!  What a tasty noodle boat!
So besides me forgetting to watch the videos of the Pasta Regatta as a competitor instead of as a fan, the other challenge to watchin' the videos of the Pasta Regatta is that seeing all those references to noodles makes me really, really hungry.  When you love noodles... well, food, really, as much as I do, it's just hungry work, watchin' those noodle boats racing, with names like Cavatappi, and Acini di Pepe, and Bucatini.  Or Spaghetti, Linguini, Ravioli, and Rigatoni.

Why, I hear the announcer announcing the different noodle boats, and it just gets my mouth a waterin'.  It really does. 

Well, think about it.  Ya get thinkin' about all the different kinds of noodles and their noodly goodness, and ya get thinkin' about the different sauces you can put on those noodles.  That's what gets me, every time. 

I better go get something to eat, Friends.  I'm thinkin' noodles!
Noodles and butter, spaghetti and marinara, linguini alfredo... Sauces just make noodles so delicious.  We use sauce to fuel our noodle boats, but the noodle boats are named after just the noodles.  That's the trick.  You've gotta find the right combination of sauces to go with your noodle boat so it can run to its optimum performance.  That's the trick right there.  That's something the whole crew works together to find, the magical sauce combination, and they also work with a saucemaster at the noodle boat marina.  People who've been pairing noodle boats and sauces for years and years.

Me?  I'm just a newbie noodle boat lookout.  I'm hopin' to work my way up to noodle boat captain, so I can race a crew of my own with my friends who are also noodle boat captains. 
Friendly competition.  That's what it's all about.

But right now, I'm all about gettin' something to eat, Friends, so that's what I'm gonna do!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment