Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

When Big People Need Time-Out

Oh my, Minions... sometimes Big People really act up, don't they?
Hiya, Friends!  I've gotta say, every day, I learn something about the World of the Big People, and every day, the more I learn about you, the more you just baffle me. 

The way celebrities act, for instance.  Have you been following that story about Even Stevens and how he said he wrote and directed a movie, and then as it turned out, he plagiarized the whole thing?  And then when he was called out for plagiarizing his whole movie, he wrote an apology, but the thing of it is, he plagiarized his apology...

I'm so glad we know how to act, Minions.
And THEN, when people found out about THAT, Even Stevens decided he was gonna just go put himself in Time-Out and retire from public life. 

It was probably a smart call.

If only somebody would take away Even Stevens' social media privileges.  Because he keeps popping up all over the SocialSphere, making a hiney-butt of himself, with regularity.

I mean, he kinda brought all the picking-on on himself, and then he says he's retiring from public life, ostensibly to stop the picking-on, but he keeps watching shows that he's got to know other celebrities are gonna pick on him, and he keeps responding to them!

And we know how NOT to act, thanks to Celebrities!
What?

How does that make any sense?

I mean, when I want to stop getting attention from Mommy and Daddy, I go into my Little House in the Living Room, shut the door, and don't come out.  When I wanna lay low, I don't engage anybody, even if they're trying to draw me out with jokes and entreaties and cookies.

Okay, I'd come out of my playhouse for a cookie. 

But still.  If somebody really wants to be left alone, they stay left alone.  They don't keep popping their heads up out of their woodchuck holes!

What really gets me is that a famous Big Person does something that gets 'em a lotta bad attention, and then they say they're going away, retiring, but they keep turning up to draw attention to their going-away-ness.  In fact, they trumpet out their going-away-ness in big press releases and farewell tours and multiple posts on the SocialSphere.  Why do they do that, Big People?

I think I know.  I think it's because they want there to be an outcry that says 'No, don't go! We'll stop picking on you for the stupid thing you did, if you just come back!  In fact, you did something stupid, but WE'RE sorry you did it, and WE'RE sorry we started picking on you!'  And then they keep popping up to announce that they're still retired from the public eye, so that nobody forgets about them.  Because if they really wanted to let the spotlight on 'em go out, they'd slip casually out of the light, melt into the crowd, and then figure out their comfortable level of obscurity and stay there.

I wanna be known for the good things I do and am.
Hmmm... wanting attention when they say they don't want attention, checking in every so often to make sure people aren't giving them the attention they say they don't want, doing crazy things like sky-writing apologies... It all seems vaguely familiar.  It all reminds me of what my People, the Toddlers, will do.  Not the sky-written apologies.  Probably not the sky-written apologies, since most of us Toddlers have no access to a sky-writing airplane, and we have to ask our parents for the kind of money to pay for a sky-writing airplane, and also, we're not all 100% on our letters, so 'I'M SORRY, WORLD!' would come out like 'AVBAYRORIY GARERAHGJKHGUEGTM, WAGASDFKJGIAW!' Because we don't know what the heck we're spelling. 

But the sentiment is there, Friends.  Big People who are celebrities want attention but say they don't want it when they're getting attention, doesn't matter what kind it is, but when they aren't getting attention, they want attention, no matter what kind it is.  Celebrities are really just like Toddlers! 

I feel like I've figured out a big secret of the world, Friends!  And now I'm going to go have a cookie with my Minions to celebrate, and also to refuel my head, because that took a LOT of thinking.

I love ya, and I'll see ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment