Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Practicin' For The New Year!

Tryin' to hold back my excitement for the new year!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, as you know today's New Year's Eve.  This is a big deal!  Today's the day when we bid a fond farewell to Twenty-Thirteen and say a big "Hiya!" to Twenty-Fourteen! 

You know me.  I like to get this kind of thing just right.  It's important!  What if you greet the New Year with the wrong look on your face?  What if the New Year then thinks that you don't like it, and it gets soured on you right away?  What if you look overly eager, and the New Year thinks you're emotionally needy and will be quite clingy?

That's why I think it's so important to practice your New Year's Face, Friends!  I mean, it worked when I practiced my Christmas Face, just in case I opened up a potty chair that I didn't want, and I had to pretend to be all over the moon about it. 

It's important to greet the new year with the right look on your face!
I ended up not needing to use that face, because everything I got for Christmas was really cool, but I'm sure glad I took the time to practice my face, just the same!

It's better to practice for every eventuality, be prepared, and find out it was much ado about nothing than it is to go into something with no practice, and then find out that the very thing you didn't go over in your head is the one thing you shoulda done!

That's my gameplan for today, Friends!  You can practice along with me, if you want!  In fact, I recommend it!

My 'Happy New Year!' Face, Friends!  How 'bout it?!
I think that as long as you look happy to see the New Year, you can't go wrong.  Even taking into account that part I said about not wanting to look overly eager and emotionally needy.  It's a big deal when a New Year comes in.  It happens only once a year.  So of course, your excitement's going to be more outsized than it would be for, say, a Monday or something.  And that's okay!


I'm thinking I'm gonna take a look at Twenty-Fourteen, throw my hands up in the air, smile big, and yell "HAPPY NEW YEAR, TWENTY-FOURTEEN!  WELCOME!  WE'RE GONNA BE GREAT FRIENDS!"  That's how I'm gonna welcome in the New Year!  Maybe give it a hug, say "nice to meetchya!" and then back off some.  Let it catch its breath. 

Yep.  That's how I'm gonna do it, Friends!  Think about what you're gonna do. 

As for 2013... Well, Old Year,  you were good to me.  I had a lot of fun in 2013.  Got to do some really cool things I didn't get to do in 2012 or 2011.  You were always there for me, 2013, and I'll never forget you for it.  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya in my memories!  So long, Old Pal!

I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends... in the Future!  Hahahahahaha!  I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment