Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

My Buddy

Heya!  Lookin' for my pal Buddy Cat!
Hiya, Friends.  As you know, I'm an animal lover. I love all kindsa animals, but there are definitely some I really love.  My best pals Rozzie Dog and Buddy-Cat definitely fall into this category.

Or, I suppose since we're talkin' about Buddy Cat today, ...CAT-egory!  See what I did there?  Comedic gold, that is!  Write it down, Friends!  Feel free to use it!  That's fresh funny, if I do say so myself!

Now, Buddy's a really special cat to me.  Some of my earliest memories are hanging out at Gramma's house, you know, sleepin' in the clothes basket on toppa a pillow and blanket, and opening my eyes and seeing a set of big, green cat eyes peering at me through the side of the clothes basket.

Easy there, Sparkplug.  Gramma was right the heck there.  Right beside me.  It isn't like she put me in the clothes basket and wandered off to let the cats babysit me.  Breathe.

Ope!  I see him!  Right there's Buddy Cat!
We good?  Good.  I sure hope so.  I really dislike it when my narrative gets disrupted by someone thinking I've gone and said something scandalous, and then I hafta talk 'em down off'n a ledge.  But I'll take a minute and explain about the clothes basket.

When I was just a few weeks old, Friends, I couldn't sit up!  Heck, I couldn't even roll over or anything on my own.  I was like... well, a little baby.  It was frustrating as all get-out, because I KNEW I was meant to run and jump and play like a regular little kid, but I was just so little.

I loved to go to Gramma's house, even WAAAAAAAY back then, but I didn't like it when she'd put me in my playpen for naps.  And I took a lot of naps.

I guess Gramma didn't like to put me in the playpen for naps, either, because it didn't take her long to come up with a solution that allowed me to be right there beside her on the couch while she sat with me.  She fit a pillow to the bottom of a sturdy clothes basket, covered it with a soft blanket she made me, and I got to lie on toppa all that softness and sleep, or listen to stories, or Dr. Phil. 

I love this cat like a Zoe loves cupcakes!  And this cat!
Dr. Phil is how Buddy Cat and I got to be such good friends, in fact.  One day, when I was about a month old, and I opened up my eyes and saw those big, green cat eyes looking at me, I said 'Oh, hiya, Cat!  Hey, could you get me the remote control?  I wanna watch something besides Dr. Phil!' and Buddy Cat said 'So would I, but I can't pick up the remote and bring it to you.'  I allowed as to how I probably wouldn't know what to do with the remote control if he could carry it to me.

But that afternoon, Buddy Cat and I talked for quite a while about what we'd watch if WE got to pick the channel.  Buddy Cat said he liked watching things with lotsa action, so he could jump at the television set.  I said I was interested in checking out Sesame Street.  Back then, I didn't even know about Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood!

Nowadays, while I don't get to control the remote control, I DO get to say what I wanna watch at Gramma's house.  Buddy Cat and I always pick Daniel Tiger.  We LOVE that show!  I think Buddy Cat might have a little crush on Katerina Kittycat.  That's okay.  I don't tease him about it at all, because Buddy Cat is my friend, Katerina Kittycat is cute, and also because I might have a crush on Prince Wednesday's older brother Prince Tuesday.  And Buddy Cat doesn't tease me about that. 

Also, now that I'm bigger, Buddy Cat and I pretend the clothes basket is a souped up muscle car, and we go on adventures in it!  I drive, and he rides shotgun, and we have a great time! 

I sure do love that Buddy Cat.  I'm sure glad he'll always be My Buddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment