Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I Came Upon a Cupcake, Dear

Hiya, Friends!  In the spirit of the Season and also the spirit of just loving the dickens out of cupcakes, I penned a Christmas Carol using the tune of "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear."  Of course, you can read it silently in your head (but where's the fun in that?!)  To get the full effect, however, you'll wanna turn your internal speaker up and sing to the toppa your lungs, mmmkay?  Here it goes!

Oh, hiya, Cupcake!
"I Came Upon A Cupcake, Dear"

I CAME UPON A CUPCAKE, DEAR,
That glorious treat I love!
The top was frosted oh so sweet,
Then sprinkled twice from Above!

Va-nil-la ca-yay-yay-yake it was!
Va-ni-i-i-la fro-o-sting, too!
So fluffy, so-oft, a sugary dream!
Wish I coulda shared it with you!

I CAME UPON A CUPCAKE, DEAR!
My favorite snack, don't you see!
There was just one, alas, Dear Friends,
A cupcake that t'was all for meeeeeeeee!

Just puts ya right in the mood for some cupcakes, doesn't it, Friends?  Well, you know, it's Wednesday, so if you wanted to go get a cupcake or two for yourself, maybe a friend at work, too, you probably could.  I know I wouldn't turn down a cupcake one of my co-workers brought.

If you love cupcakes, raise your hand!
... Unless maybe I was diabetic, or had a gluten sensitivity, or an issue with the milk in the frosting.  Then I'd probably hafta turn down the cupcake, but I hope I wouldn't be funny about it.  I also hope my coworker wouldn't be funny about my turning down the cupcake.

To be honest with ya, I don't even really know how one goes about turning down a cupcake.  I've never been involved in such a thing to know the ins and outs of it.  I've never seen anything in any etiquette literature to know how it's done.  I s'pose a simple "It looks lovely, but no thank you!" would suffice.  You wouldn't wanna go into the reasons why you're having to turn down something as lovely as a cupcake, unless the person offering it won't take no for an answer.

Boy, I feel sad, all of a sudden, thinking of anybody out there who'd hafta turn down a cupcake.  I also feel kind of sad for the cupcakes themselves.  They're the silent victims in all this, when you get right down to it, Friends.  They really are.

Should I quit my dayjob and become a song writer, Friends?
So here's the deal: if you've gotta turn down any cupcakes offered to you for any reason, Friends, you can give your cupcakes to me, your good pal Zozie.  It's a huge sacrifice on my part, as you can imagine, but it IS the season of giving, after all.  I'll give your unwanted cupcakes a wonderful home, right in my tummy.  If need be, I'll even go without other kinds of food such as salmon, spinach, broccoli, potatoes, cereal, and bananas, to make sure I have room for all those cupcakes.  I'll take one for our team.  You bet I will.

Mmmmkay, Friends!  Sing my song another time through before you leave, and remember that I just love ya to bunches!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment