Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Last Saturday of the Year

Should we have any special plans for today? I feel like we should.
Hiya, Friends! How's your Christmas Vacation going?  Mine's still going strong!  You bet it is!

Hey, I couldn't help but notice that this is the Last Saturday of the Year.  The Final Saturday of 2013.  Is there anything special that Big People do to observate the last Saturday of the year?  Is there?

I think there should be.  I love Saturdays so much, and I just feel like it's kinda shabby of us to let the last one of the year go by without sending it out with a bang.

Well, if I knew HOW to celebrate, I wouldn't have asked!




What do you Big People do to celebrate the last Saturday of the Year? ... You don't really do anything?  ... You don't think it's an important enough thing, to have it be something you make a big deal about?

Well.

I guess since you Big People don't have anything special that you do to celebrate the last Saturday of the year, I'll share my ideas about what we should do.

First of all, I think we oughtta bake some cupcakes.  Make 'em real fancy-like.  Use some sprinkles.  I'm pretty sure Saturday LOVES sprinkles.  And sparkly sugar!  Saturdays LOVE those things!

Oh, can we get a pinata?  Saturdays LOVE pinatas!
Something else I think Saturday would like is a pinata.  You know, those things that are all colorful, and filled with candy and little toys, and everybody takes turns hitting it with a stick until the pinata breaks and all the treats come out?  I've always wanted a pinata.  I mean Saturday has always wanted a pinata, and if the last Saturday of the year isn't an occasion to have one, I sure don't know what is.

You know, Friends, life is a buncha little moments, strung together like beads on a necklace.  I think we oughtta celebrate as many of those as we can.  So I think we oughtta dust off the disco ball, and find a pinata and some treats, and some balloons and some sprinkle sparkly cupcakes and send off the last Saturday of 2013 the right way.  That's what I think we oughtta do, Friends!

I love ya bunches and bunches!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment