Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Grabbing Friday the Thirteenth By the Face!

I was gonna dress up for this Friday the Thirteenth!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Friday the Thirteenth!

Now, I know a lot of you folks have hangups about Fridays the Thirteenth.  I'm here to tell ya it's gonna be alllllllll riiiiiiiiiiight. 

I feel like we have this discussion every Friday the Thirteenth, Big People!  About how superstitions are kinda silly. 

No, I'm not calling YOU silly.  I'm just sayin' it's silly to be superstitious about a day like Friday the Thirteenth.  We all love Fridays, don't we?  They're the last day of the work or school week.  A lot of times, you get pizza parties or ice cream on Fridays. 

In my house, Daddy's home on Fridays!  I love it when Daddy's home!  We either stay home and have lotsa fun, or we go on adventures!  Fridays are great!

Yeah.  I was gonna wear a head band with glittery antennae, but I don't have one of those.
Then there's all the hullabaloo about the Number Thirteen.  Goodness.  We've been through this before, too, I'm pretty sure. 

Think about it, Friends.  If I were bringing you a boxa donuts, and I asked you how many donuts you'd like me to have Donut Dude put in the boxa donuts I'm bringing you, and I gave ya a choice between twelve donuts and thirteen donuts, you'd probably pick me bringing you the thirteen donuts, wouldn't you?

Of COURSE you would!  It just makes good horse sense! 

Oh, well!  I can still celebrate without fancy headgear!
No, I know horses don't eat donuts, but you know what I mean.  Forget about horses.  They're confusing my main idea here!

What I'm saying, Friends, is instead of being all worried about black cats crossing our paths today (which is actually a very LUCKY thing in my book!) or walking under ladders (a stupid thing to do, not just because of superstition- you could get a bucketa paint dropped on your head!), I say let's celebrate Friday the Thirteenth.  Let's grab Friday the Thirteenth right the heck by the face and say "Hiya again, Old Friend!  Let's whoop it up!"

And then get out the party hats and party blowers and boxa thirteen donuts and whoop it up.  Whoop it the heck up, Friends!

Aww, I love ya, even if you are superstitious, Big People.  I'll always love ya just the same!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment