Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

It's Crunchy Time, Friends!

I'm beginning a Christmas Training Regimen!
Friends, as you may or may not know, it's December.  As in the last month of the year.  As in the month of the year where Christmas lives. 

Now, looking back on my first two Christmases, I can't help but think I was a little bit of a rookie.  I made rookie mistakes.  I didn't get excited enough.  I ended up letting Mommy and Daddy open up the last of my presents at Gramma's house. 

Most egregiously of all, both these first two Christmases of mine, I allowed the Big People to put me down for a nap. 

Yeah.  Fell for that one two years in a row.  This year's gonna be different.  Yes, it is!

I'm probably gonna hafta lift some weights for this.
That's why starting today, Friends, I'm beginning a strict training regimen.  I am not gonna just sit idly by while my Big People have all the Christmas fun with MY presents!  I'm not gonna go gracefully to that "Good Night!  Naptime!" this go-around, Friends! 

But it's gonna take a lot of focus and determination on my part.  It's gonna take a lot of work!  I mean, I'm gonna hafta be eating right over the next twenty-three, twenty-four days.  Gotta keep up my energy.  Eat to win, in other words!

I'll hafta maximize my naptimes and sleeptimes.  Put extra winks in the bank so I can make a smooth transition to Christmas, when I'm gonna be living it up and decidedly NOT sleeping at the whim and beck and call of my Big People!

Do you think I oughtta supplement?
I'm probably gonna hafta also lift a few weights.  I love to exercise, but I'll probably hafta ramp up my trainin' so I can have the stamina I need for opening presents and then playing with those presents.  And in addition to weight training, I probably oughtta do some cardio, too, to build up my endurance.

For a lotta people, the Holidays are just funin games, but for me, this is serious business.  I'm down to the wire.  I'm down to the crunchy time, Friends! 

From now until New Years, Friends, I will be swift and strong like the North Wind.  I'll be cheerful like the Elf.  I'll be sweet like the hot cocoa.

I'm gonna win this Christmas and win it big!  The trainin' starts today!

Eye of the reindeer, Friends. Eye of the reindeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment