Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Honeybee Hive of My Very Own

I love honey by the spoonful!
Hiya, Friends.  Well, I'm sure you remember how it's been a longtime dream of mine to adopt a lobster and name him Lerbert and to keep him in a lobster tank right in my room so we could talk about all kinds of stuff and be best friends.  And you'll also remember how it's been a longtime dream of mine that my Mommy has thwarted, mercilessly, every chance she gets. 

She says I'm allergic to crustacean dander and that having a pet lobster in a tank in my room while I'm sleeping would make it very hard for me to breathe, and I'd always been sneezing and coughing, and I wouldn't get much sleep, which would make me ugly-tempered, and she doesn't want that for me.

 I guess I don't want that for me, either. 

In my free time, I've been searching on the World Wide Web for treatments for this allergy to crustacean dander I have.  I've been combing all kindsa conventional medicine sites, alternative medicine sites, Big Pharma cites.

The funny thing of it is, I haven't been able to find much ... well, anything, if we're being startlingly honest about it, on the subject of crustacean dander allergies.
I bet I could get a beehive and have the bees make honey for me!

Why, it's almost as though such a thing doesn't even exist!

I guess until the Smart People in Labs can figure out a way to treat or cure my crustacean dander allergy problem, I'm gonna have to put adopting Lerbert the Lobster on hold.

I know.  It makes me sad, too, but it's only for a little while, and besides, I've come up with another idea.

You see, I LOVE eating honey off a spoon.  It's one of my favorite things, right up there with my yogurt and my Vitamin C lollipops!  And I recently found out that honey comes from BEES!  And bees live in hives, and people can get hives of bees and keep them, and then the bees make honey and give some to the people!  How about that?!

I decided I'd like to adopt a hive or two of honeybees for my very own.  In honor of this decision, I dressed in yellow and black, to show Mommy just how serious I am about being a beekeeper.  I've now moved "A Hive or Two of Honeybees for my Very Own" up to the toppa my Christmas List. 

Friends, tell my Mommy I want a hive of honeybees for Christmas!
I haven't decided what I'll name my Hive or Two of Honeybees for my Very Own.  I think there'll be too many of them to learn all their names, so I might hafta go with Hive One and Hive Two. 

Ummm, I guess honeybees are a little intimidating, you know, on account of their stingers and stuff, but I'd just earn the honeybees' respect, and they wouldn't sting me.  Eventually, we'd become great friends! 

It's much like that with some Big People, you know, Friends.  They seem kind of intimidating, scary, even, until you take the time to earn their trust and respect, and then you find out they're not so bad.  They're sweet, even.

Just like the honeybees I hope to adopt as my very own.  Just like the honeybees. 

If you see my Mommy between now and Christmas, Friends, please tell her to get me some honeybees.  It's the right thing to do. 

I love ya lots!  Muah!


No comments:

Post a Comment