Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Big Girl Bed

I don't sleep in a crib anymore.
Hiya, Friends! 

Well, on Thursday night, I slept my last night in a baby-crib.  I didn't know it was gonna be my last sleep in my crib.  I didn't. 

You see, I went to bed Thursday night, just like I always do, on my Beautiful Butterfly fitted sheet, and a blanket to cover me up.  I didn't think much about it. 

I woke up on Friday morning, and did my mini-trampoline exercises, using the tall rail on the front of my crib as a holdin-grip, just like I always do.  And then I did it all over again at naptime.  I really enjoyed my mini-trampoline workouts before and after my sleeps and naps.

I guess you could say that I thought it'd always be that way- me in my crib, with the tall bars on the front.  I've never known any different, and I never knew it'd be any different for me.
Well, technically, it's still my crib.  The front's just off it!

So imagine my surprise when I went up to bed on Friday night to see the tall rail all gone-gone, and a shorter rail that only goes halfway across the front of my crib.  Imagine how surprised I was. 

I was so excited that I'm not gonna lie, Friends.  I had a hard time getting to sleep.  Usually, I have my Daddy read to me in my rocking chair in my bedroom, but on Friday night, I wanted to lay in my new toddler bed while Daddy read to me.  It was something a little off my usually routine, so it felt a little weird, but also lotsa fun. 

The real cool thing was wakin' up on Saturday morning.  That's when I noticed the real difference.  You see, I went to do my usual mini-trampoline workout, like I do when I wake up in the morning, and as it turned out, my tall rail wasn't there for me to hold onto while I jump-jump-jumped!

In fact, I could just swing my legs around and put my feet on the floor!  No waiting or Mommy or Daddy to come get me! 

Well, don'tchya know what I did!  I hopped right outta bed and started 'splorin' my room!  See, I haven't had much chance to do that in the whole time I've lived here, on account of bein' confined to that crib, and all.

Growing up is a little scary, but fun, like a rolly-coaster!
I felt a little sad for a little bit, thinkin' about how my crib days are behind me.  I'm not a little baby anymore.  But it's so much cooler bein' a toddler, Friends.  It is.  Mommy's got me some new sheets coming... a fitted sheet, a top sheet, a pillow and pillowcase, and a comforter of my very own.  That's exciting to me.  I'm sticking with butterflies for in my room, on my new bedding.  Butterflies have served me well, so far in my life, and I don't see any reason to change.

And it's hard to feel too awful bad, Friends.  I haven't really left my crib, yet.  It just turned itself into a Toddler Bed.  Just like I'm still the person I've always been, only instead of bein' a baby-size, I'm a fun-sized Toddler.  How about that?!

Don't be scareda changin', Friends!  Without changes, we wouldn't have any butterflies! I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment