Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Peeps Hearts Have Changed My Life!

It's always a treat to get a care package from Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz!
Friends, have you ever heard about Peeps?  They're the marshmallow chicks and bunnies you see in stores around Eastertime, but they have 'em for other holidays, too! 

Recently, I was the lucky recipient of a candy-based care package from my Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz.  There was some good stuff in that care package.  There really was.  I got some Sarris chocolates, some M&Ms, and... PINK MARSHMALLOW PEEP HEARTS!

Don't get me wrong.  I don't love chocolate any less now.  Especially when it's Sarris.  Sarris chocolate is special.  It really is. 

They always contain a beautiful card and delectable eatables!
But those Pink Marshmallow Peep Hearts- oh, those Pink Marshmallow Peep Hearts truly, truly changed my life, Friends.  They did!

First of all, they're really pretty to look at, those marshmallow hearts.  Looking at them in the wrapper, they look so pillowy-soft.  Such a pleasant color of pink.  And then there's the sugar.  The sugar!  My goodness.  It looks like when I get ahold of Mommy's iPad and pull up the DrawSomething2 app and I draw cupcakes using the Sparkle Tool!  I never thought something so beautiful could exist in real life, but there it was, glittering at me from that package of Peeps marshmallow hearts!

When Mommy opened up the package, it was obvious that there'd been a little chink in the cellophane armor the marshmallow hearts were wrapped in.  Insteadda pullin' apart like you'd expect 'em to, they BROKE apart with a *crisp!*

"Oh, Sweetie," Mommy said.  "These Peeps hearts got a little stale.  How about we find you another candy, and I'll eat these for you."

Wait just a minute, Lady!, I thought.  If those marshmallow hearts were stale and Mommy didn't want me eatin' 'em, why on earth would SHE eat 'em?

"Lemme wanna try the hearts!" I said! 

Mommy squinched up her face like she does (note to self- leave that Botox Cosmetic brochure I picked up while out and about where Mommy can find it and take action- she has a LINE between her eyebrows like you wouldn't believe, Friends!  shhhhhh!) and handed me the stale marshmallow heart.

Oh, my LORD, did I mention the sparkly SUGAR?!  Rah!
Now, it wasn't like a soft, squooshy marshmallow candy I've ever eaten before, Friends.  It didn't just melt to pieces in my mouth like a regular marshmallow.  It was crunchy and chewy.  It was light.  It was airy.  It was....Divine.  Divine, not stale!  It really gave me a chance to slow down and enjoy my magical marshmallow hearts!

I guess there's a whole subculture of people who PREFER the "stale" Peeps products.  They'll poke a little hole in the cellophane and let the marshmallows go from soft-n-squooshy to crisp-n-crunchy.  I like 'em both ways.

Oh, and the sugar.  The sugar!  If the Sparkle Pen on DrawSomething2 had a flavor, it'd be the sugar on Peeps Pink Marshmallow Hearts!

I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment