Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Buildin' a Snowman!

Wow! I built this snow man with my own two hands!
Hiya, Friends!  How's your Monday going?

Well, as you may or may not remember, back during the Christmas Season (has it really been TWO MONTHS since Christmas Eve?!) I was a big fanna Frosty the Snowman the movie.  I musta watched it at least thirty-dozen times if I watched it once. 

Ever since I saw this wonderful movie, it has been my dream to build a snowman of my very own, with snow that has fallen in my very own yard, with my own two hands!

It's never worked out, though.  When it's been warm enough, there hasn't been snow, really, and when we have had enough snow for making a snowman, it's been C-O-O-O-O-O-L-L-L-L-D!  Or the snow just hasn't been right for makin' a snowman.

My Frosty Snowman isn't dancing like in the movie.
Imagine how thrilled I was that yesterday, the weather and the snow and the temperature aligned to be just PERFECT for me to build a snowman with my very own two hands!

Well, you don't hafta imagine how excited I was, because I'll tell ya: I was EXCITED AND THRILLED AND THRILLED AND EXCITED!

It was so much fun, getting my snowpants, snowboots, Daniel Tiger hat, and Winter Coat on.  My mittens, I didn't really care for.  I feel like I'm wearin' big pillows on my hands when I have my mittens on, and I can't do anything!  It makes me mad!

Anyway, it wasn't that cold out yesterday when I was buildin' my snowman.  So don't get all weird about seein' me out in the snow with my mittens dangling outta the ends of my sleeves.  Don't get all weird about it.  I was okay, and plenty warm enough.  I promise!

Daddy and I went outside and started out with a snowball.  I pushed that snowballaround until it got too heavy for me, and then Daddy took over.  What really surprised me is that with the size of that first snowball, the ground didn't even show underneath the snow.  I was really glad.  The ground that does show right now is muddy, and I didn't want my snowman looking all dirty!

He might not dance, but I love him just the same!
So we repeated the process another two times, each successive snowball finishing up just a little smaller than its predecessor.  That's how ya get that nice snowman-lookin' effect to your snow man: Big ball on the bottom, medium-sized snowball in the middle, little snowball on toppa it all, for the head!

It's more aesthetically pleasing that way than havin' all your snowballs the same size. 

My only disappointment is that my snowman that I built doesn't dance and sing like the Frosty on the movie.  I had some really high hopes for a singin', dancin' snowman.  But you know what?  For my first time buildin' a snowman, I think I did pretty much all right.  I do, Friends! 

All right, Friends!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment