Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Whaddaya Know? It's Wednesday!

Hey, Friends!  Do. You. Know. What. Day. It. Is?
Friends, check us the heck out!  We've made it to Wednesday!  We've made it to mid-week!  Do you feel like a big cheese?  I feel like a big cheese, making it to Wednesday!

That's not what I'm gonna talk about today, though, the Wednesdayness of today.  I'm gonna talk about this GREAT movie I saw Sunday night: Toy Story 3.  I got to stay up until tennoclock to see the end, and everything!

At first, what I really loved about that movie was that there were so many toys!  But the more I watched, the more I realized what I really loved about the movie is that it confirms what I have known to be true my whole entire life:  toys have feelings, too!

It's Wednesday, February Twelfth!  How about that?!
Now I understand why some of my toys are always hiding under the couch in my office.  I went through a spell where all my toys went in my mouth.  I went through a spell where I didn't know how to treat my toys very well.  I mean, I was never as bad as the toddlers in the Caterpillar Room at Sunnyside Daycare, but I could see how I would be an undesirable person for my toys to see coming back then, before I really learned.

I think the moment I'm most ashamed of now, now that I can see things from the angle my toys see things, is when I got a brand new boxa crayons for Christmas when I was fifteen months old.  Mommy was so excited about those crayons, and she showed me how to make colors on paper with them, but did I wanna make colors with paper with those crayons?

You thought I was gonna say 'Hump Day!' Score one for meeeee!
I not did.

I wanted to feel how it felt to *snap* those crayons in my hands, so that's what I did.  Every last one of those crayons.  I noticed after that that my toys were more elusive to me, and the crayons disappeared altogether. 

Well, now I know why my toys were so standoffish during that period of time in my history: I bet they were wonderin' if I was gonna come into the office and start snappin' them in pieces, just to see how it felt. 

Friends, a revelation like that settlin' in on a kid sure does put things into perspective.  Those poor toys!  They musta been so afraid of me, and I wouldn't want 'em afraid of me!  So the other day, after seein' Toy Story 3, I called a meeting, and apologized to all my toys for being so scary there for a while.  I gave them all hugs.  I'm still ashamed of bein' so clueless back then, about toys havin' feelings and all, but at least I can go forward and know how to treat my toys.  I'm glad they're giving me the chance to learn.

That's that for this Wednesday, Friends!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment