Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Olympics Need Curious George!

Have you been watchin' the Olympics?
Hiya, Friends!  Have you been watchin' the Olympics?  I have!

Now, don't get me wrong.  I think the Olympics are GREAT!  They're big excitement! 

Thing of it is, I got me another Curious George book for Christmas, and it's about Curious George going to a snow-sporting competition. 

Oh, it's such a good book!

See, Curious George and his friend the Man in the Yellow Hat ride a ski-lift to a lodge to watch skiers.  They get cold, so the Man in the Yellow Hat tells Curious not to get into trouble, while he goes and gets them so hot cocoa.

You KNOW it never goes right when the Man tells Curious to stay right there and not get into any trouble!

I bet bobsleds are EXPENSIVE to fix after they've been driven into a pole!
Like he does, Curious wanders off and gets into mischief, taking a bobsled.  Just taking it!  He rides it into a pole and ditches the sled. 

That makes me think.  What kinda insurance do you think bobsled owners have?  Because you'd think that'd be a big chunka change, getting your bobsled fixed after a monkey takes it for a joyride downhill, rides it into a pole, and then ditches it.  I mean, that's gotta be custom paint on those things! 

Anyway, Curious rides the ski lift back to the lodge at the toppa the mountain, and when he can't find the Man at their table, he thinks he sees the Man ski downhill. 

I fully support kitchen items as gear for snow-sports.
This is the part I pretty much love the best, because it shows some resourcefulness.

See, Curious takes a pizza pan off the wall and rides it downhill like a SnoDisc, in search of his friend! 

Thing of it is, Curious can't control the pizza pan, and he ends up running into a skier in the competition, and he accidentally breaks one of the skier's skis.  Things get all topsy-turvy, and Curious winds up going down the hill on the one ski.

I'm pretty sure Curious invents snowboarding right then and there, because the spectators in the book are bamboozled by what Curious is doing, and they say it looks like he's surfing in the snow!  But you and I know he's snowboarding!

Oh, I'd TOTALLY ride a pizza pan down a snowy hill!
The skier isn't hurt, and he has an extra pair of skis, and curiously enough, he isn't mad at Curious at all!  That's a far cry from Mr. Herb getting all apoplectic over Curious messin' up his big order!  I'd think that breakin' a ski and messing up somebody's winter sports competition performance would be a bigger deal than messin' up an ice cream order- I mean, that ice cream order coulda just been eaten, but skis are EXPENSIVE!  And that skier coulda been HURT!

But it was practically like the skier was saying 'Don't sweat it, little monkey-dude!  These things happen!'

Maybe skiers are just chill by nature!

And then the skier skied in another run, and he WON, and he said it was because of Curious's antics, that it made people stick around and watch the skier's other race, and because they were cheerin' him on, he did better, so in a way, Curious helped him win.

I think it's time to convert my reading nest to a ski-jump again! 
That's why I think the Winter Olympics needs a little less [Nancy] Kerrigan and a LOT more Curious [George].  Could you imagine the sensation Curious would create if he went whizzing down a ski-slope on a pizza pan?  Could you imagine seeing a little monkey in a bobsled? 

Curling.  I think Curious could add a special dimension to curling!  I can't help but laugh, just thinking about it! 

Yes, Friends.  I think the Winter Olympics need Curious George!  For the love of Pete, they sure do need him!

All right, Friends!  All this talk about winter sports has made me realize that what I'd really like is some hot cocoa.  With extra marshmallows!  I'll see you tomorrow!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment